Should we ban the CA as a topic on AN?

Peter Waller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we ban the CA as a topic on AN?

Yes please. I beleive 'angling' should have no connection or association with it.

"Maybe angling only counts as hunting if you ever catch anything"

That lets me off the hook then!

[ 24. February 2005, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

No, I don't think we should ban talking about the CA. Having said that, apart from this one, I now never read topics on the subject. They all seem to repeat the same points from posters with entrenched views.

However, I'd like to see threads that are hijacked by posts on the CA and foxhunting kept on-topic. When they aren't, I seldom bother to continue reading them.

Anyone else feel the same?

[ 24. February 2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

PeterK:

Peter Waller,

If its banned as a topic will you have anything left to post about?

As long as I'm on here, he'll NEVER run out of rantworthy subjects, I assure you of that.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Peter Waller:

I'll think of someting PeterK, Cats Protection League perhaps.

I didn't think felinus piscatorus (OK cod latin, but it works!) were in need of protection!

For what it's worth I can't for the life of me work out how angling isn't a form of hunting. It is, but slightly evolved. As soon as that is acknowledged you have to accept an irrevocable link with any hunting and shooting debate.

Whether we should align ourselves with the CA is, in my case, a no-brainer. I dislike their PR, and some of their posturing.

Of course the angling / CA relationship should be continued to be discussed here, all the while angling is being encouraged to join forces with them. And when angling decides not to go its own sweet way, then Peter can have a damascene conversion and debate the pro's of joining them!

It'll keep me amused for hours!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Dear All,

"Anspruch einiger Leute was sie über das Landschaft-Bündnis sagen,ist zutreffend. Andere klopfen es bloß kommen jede Gelegenheit. Jedoch es besteht und stellt seine eigene Mitgliedschaft dar".

That’s real German by the way. Remember what the German Green Party did for coarse angling in its own country? Don't even begin to tell me that whole nations can't be denied freedom of choice once crackpots get into power.

Locking threads, whilst I understand the reasons, gives the anti's yet another weapon for stifling reasoned debate. A tool they are fast learning to exploit over the internet forum.

The anti's are genuinely worried that UK angling "might" unite. They are terrified that a unified angling "might" unite with what’s left after hunting with dogs is gone.

An alliance between united angling and other none fox hunting pastimes effectively means the anti-movement agendas would become totally futile. That’s why they send their covert identities and supporters in to thwart reasoned debate.

Possiamo tutto il colloquio senza insulti parlanti. I dadi di discussione se non. Colloquio l'un l'altro come esseri umani, non animali.

Regards,

Lee.

Its interesting that one of the last governments to ban hunting in all its forms were the Nazis in Germany in the 1930s

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have noticed that since the last thread was locked there is a curious void in my life!

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/