Snow patrol

n4lly

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is a lot of snow then?

None here in FLorida but unusually cold last few weeks and more to come. Back up north where I lived before its not snow till its a foot or 2 at a time.

Fish still bite in the snow though if you can stand the wet and cold and icing up lines.

Enjoy it for now it will not last long and the inconvience will be forgotten and you can all talk about the big snow of 09.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Snowing heavily now in London, just went out and made an angel :D

snowing now at my gaff just went out and wrote my name in the snow :yeah:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

not much traffic about just tosspots in 4x4's looking smug ,on leaving the docs just as i got to the entrance a 4x4 let me go out ,i knocked on his window and told him not to venture into the car park on those tyres (standard road tyres) and watch out for the two 4x4's already stuck down there ,he looked down his nose ,i carried on.

a 100 yards later i remembered i had forgotten to hand my prescription in (remembered the mrs's) went back guess what there were 3 4x4's sliding about getting in each others way trying to get back up the hill ,on the return from the shops half our later they had turned the whole car park into an ice rink and all 3 were still there :rolleyes:

you can have 8 wheel drive but once the tyres tread has filled up with snow they are no better than slicks and 4x4's used with the wrong tyres for the situation get into bigger troubles than mrs mop in her fiesta :rolleyes: in this case the "mrs mops" had left their cars at the top of the car park knowing full well they wouldnt get down the bottom ,they were gone when i passed :D

i drive one of these so if it gets bad i can always take it home :bigemo_harabe_net-165: 6X6

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

If I had a pound for every driver I saw using that well known, time honoured, tried and tested, AA and Highway Code approved method of gaining traction in slippery conditions...'rev the nuts off it', with back-up contingency plan of 'rev the nuts off it some more', (best done whilst car is steamed up and still covered in snow apart from one small viewing port at drivers position)....I'd be a wealthy man. Still was fun driving past them slowly in my skinny tyred low power FWD run around...twice (we forgot something at the shops, well, that was my excuse to the missus!) :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on the 'drivers' (and I use the term loosely) that haven't read the part in the Highway Code about which way to park on their drives and about giving way to traffic coming uphill! :uhuh:

Still was very pretty out!

large.jpg

Edited by Angly

Geoff

Well we up on the North East Kent Downs seem to have missed the worst of it. The roads were gritted, even the B road where I live, and traffic flowed.

Had we had 12 inches of snow it might have been different, I spoke to a few people who live and work in SE London, and they (all drive to work types) said the conditions were very "dodgy"

I had to laugh at the stupid bugger on our local TV who "had to get his car MOT'd" the car was about 80 years old and ended up being towed by the AA who had to be helped by a guy with a 4WD truck. Totally irresponsible, and I bet he complained about "the state of the roads"

When are "they" going to do something about all the ice on my local lakes :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Some fresh snow has fallen overnight here in Southampton, not a lot, about the same as last night.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I kid you not, there is not a trace of any snow left here now, the sky is blue and it's sunny!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE