Snow patrol

n4lly

Awww, You poor folks.. :P :P :P .just dropped below Freezing eh!! and a smattering of snow.... We went to Loch Etive last week, in a minus 9 Bizzard..:):) Whiteout conditions, and 4 wheel drive all the way..we nearly turned back, but were past the point of no return so to speak......but we are used to it up here chaps..;)

Starngely, on the way home, all the snow had melted, and it was a beautiful drive home..

This was taken from one of the Kayak guys cars,....:):)

road-1.jpg

BTW, was talking to my cousin who lives about 3 hours north of Toronto, over Xmas, she had -38 degrees, and 5 feet of snow in her back garden!!! NOW, THATS cold... :sun:

:clap:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for a nice walk throught the woods today, then a trip up to my club lake. No fishing, just a look round and a sit in the cabin with a hot brew and a chat.

Snow flurries all day, but it isn't sticking (yet!)

We were more concerned about the cormorant that appears to have taken up residence....

Janet

Windermere today, bitterly cold wind, A light covering on the mountains, at lake level a few light flurries, nothing much, and even less in the way of fish!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Gone clear in Brum and already down to -2 °C. If it comes, it's gonna stick !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Just popped outside to play with the 1" of snow laying deep and crips and even, with more big flakes falling.

Geoff

Just a few flakes of snow here in Whitley Bay,Northumberland at the mo.The forecast says we may get dumped on shortly though! :drunk::cold:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nothing here at my gaff so far but that could change .

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Snowing heavily now in London, just went out and made an angel :D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"