Tying a Greenwells Glory

Paul_D

Greenwells sould always be tied using waxed tread as we know Gentlemen. My preference has always been cobweb thread waxed as you rightly say with cobblers. But you've now lead me into football (Yes, this is a flyforum). Leeds, Arsenal one is a team with power. (not Leeds) I'm a Toon fan but what's that got to do with fly fishing? Apart from the Tyne being the best Salmon river in the country?

Pablo

Cobweb is undoubtedly easier to tie with but the Pearsalls produces a very different body look.

As to the football....why not? As a new poster here on A.N. you'll quickly come to realise that many threads will get 'hijacked' and their subjects will diversify. Having said that it doesn't tend to happen on the quieter forums such as this one.

Welcome BTW.

Paul