Fly Fishing For Coarse Fish

wunnus

Surely this is a wind up, cig. filters. Please don't give the anti brigade more ammo. My club would throw you out for leaving a cig. stump on the bank never mind in a fishes mouth. All the thousands of flies around, cig. stumps? come on tell me its a joke!!

The high density foam packaging you get with some food stuffs can be cut to shape and used as an effective fly, Alan Roe will be more use than me.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

As regards fly fishing for carp, may I suggest that you look out for the next edition of Fly-Fishing and Fly-Tying where I have contributed a rahefty article on the subject.

Since submitting the piece a few weeks ago I have been lucky enough to take 10 doubles on the pattern described. No apologies for beating the drum as I think a lot of frustrated smallwater trout fishers will find cause for rejoicing

Just had a session this morning, one small common to my credit, but as no-one else was catching on "normal" coarse tactics, I felt quite proud.

You're right though, I did get some very strange looks, mind you I had similar looks the first time i fished a pole on that venue, now everyone has one............

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY