England ladies fly fishing association

Alan Taylor

Hi all,

I don't get on here as I don't fly fish (well did last weekend).

The reason for posting is that my sister fishes for the England ladies team now and again and I am trying to get her to encourage one of the team to contribute a bit of news on Anglers Net.

There are several reasons for this, giving the ladies a bit of support, getting them to contribute news and tips and mainly I suppose trying to help them to find more sponsors. As with most of our National fishing teams they have to dig deep into there own pocket to take part, this to my mind is all wrong when you are representing YOUR COUNTRY.

The ladies have a smashing site, do a google search as I did to find it, I think you will find it interesting.

Come on all you fluff chuckers give our ladies some support (and the first one that mentions bras will be reported :D )

Thanks for your time.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi Alan,

Do you mean this site?

http://www.elfa.org.uk/

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Hi Alan,

Do you mean this site?

http://www.elfa.org.uk/

:D  

Thats the one, cheers mate. EL oF A nice fluff chucking site.

I have passed the AN address on to my Sister and she will tell the ladies next week.

I expect the lack of responses to this topic was because it is all male fluff chuckers and they don't want to learn from women :P

Evidently the ladies have a practice session before international comps, what a prize that would make for one of your comps, "a days fluff chucking with the England ladies team" :D :cool:

Cheers

Alan(nl)

Apache:

I was taught to fly cast by a lady, so don't call me sexist!

:D keep your scalp on Matt, I was only trying to generate some interest No offence was meant

I think it would bring a bit more interest to this forum if some ladies contributed, you never know it could also encourage others to get interested in the noble art of fluff chucking.

Sonja and I really enjoyed our one and only go at fly fishing up in Scotland even though we made complete fools of ourselfs and never caught a fish. I am not rushing out to buy a fly rod but am looking forward to the next time.

Cheers

Alan(nl)

Alan Taylor:

Hi all,

I don't get on here as I don't fly fish (well did last weekend).

The reason for posting is that my sister fishes for the England ladies team now and again and I am trying to get her to encourage one of the team to contribute a bit of news on Anglers Net.

There are several reasons for this, giving the ladies a bit of support, getting them to contribute news and tips and mainly I suppose trying to help them to find more sponsors.  As with most of our National fishing teams they have to dig deep into there own pocket to take part, this to my mind is all wrong when you are representing YOUR COUNTRY.

The ladies have a smashing site, do a google search as I did to find it, I think you will find it interesting.

Come on all you fluff chuckers give our ladies some support (and the first one that mentions bras will be reported    :D    )

Thanks for your time.

Alan(nl)

I have asked this before and got shouted down but her goes again. Why oh why oh why do we have to have separete clubs and competitions for WOMEN anglers? Surely angling, of all sports is one where men and women can compete against each other on equal grounds.

Tell me I'm wrong, even better PROVE it!

[ 11. June 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Alan,

Good idea for a prize although personally I'm not interested in the competition side of fishing. I've got a nice new wallpaper from the site though thanks. :)

Paul

corydoras:

Hiya,

I am not ignoring this one, just waiting until next week when Marian or her friends decide to join us (I hope) with there views.

Glad that 1 person got some thing out of the topic even though it was just wall paper.

Alan(nl)