5 hours and 2 chub

Ed Matysiak

I went out on the river yesterday afternoon to try out of 'fluff chuckin' skills. I managed to catch 2 chub (about 1lb 8oz each) on a dry sledge but i did miss a take on the alexandra and had about 3 takes on the strike indicator!

At one point i watched a bigish brown trout come up and grab at my orange putty indicator. Next time i will use a boobie as an indicator! That will get rid of that problem. I also noticed my dry flys sank after a bit so i need a good floatant.

I had a good time as i perfected my cast and gained more knowledge on how to fish the water next time.

BTW: I can't find a shop that sells peach or pink dolls. A friend has recomended them to me for this river. Can any one help?

Koi Carp:

i watched a bigish brown trout come up and grab at my orange putty indicator. Next time i will use a boobie as an indicator!

Better still, use a hot orange Krystal egg fly as well as an orange booby - that trout thought it was onto a free lunch of roe!

Well done - a good result for a first trip - can't find a seller of peach dolls tho' - I tie my own. Someone will know tho'

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Like Vagabond I tie my own. You might want to buy yourself a cheap tying kit and have a go. The Baby/Peach Doll is a very easy fly to tie.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...