Cataraft

corydoras

I am not really sure what forum to post this in but I saw a mention of these craft in Steelheadr69's sig and thought I would check them out. Does anyone know if there is a UK concessionaire for these rather cool looking craft? Click here to see what I am waffling on about.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know plenty of links, but have no idea what they have in the UK. I assume most are the simple "pontoon boat" style craft. They are more an oversized kickboat. The one's I run are true whitewater grade catarafts. Have been running them since they first came out on the market for whitewatering (about 5-8 years before they came into fishing).

I do know a few owners of these companies. In fact, I may become a rep for one of the better companies. But they manufacturer their boats here in WA. I assume most of the boats you'll find in the UK may be of "US origin", but are more then likely coming out of Korea or China.

It all depends on what you want out of this boat. Do you want a replacement over a floattube? Then, you can get by with about any of them. But, if you want basically a little one man boat, then you have to step up to the higher end boats (which is probably cheaper to buy a small boat in the UK because of freight charges to send them to the UK).

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm glad to help.

[ 20. June 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Steelheader69 ]

You haven't lived until you've run a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts

http://www.steelheader.net

http://www.steelheader.com