salt or pike

CHRIS R

is there any one trying out or even doing salt water fly fishing ? or pike fly fishing if there is what type of flies work best on pike, poppers or wets. i have tryed pike with very limited sucsess .I got a 2lb jack (while trying to get it in i was convinced it was a double) i have spent hours trying for a springer on rivers with one or two in the bag for all of my money and time and here is a very worth while sport fish which is very badly thought of that can grow to masive sizes biger than anything you will catch in a pond or loch and the best of it all is the cost to go fishing for the fish of a life time on a rod and you can say the pull back just a bit !!

Chris

It is well worth flyfishing for pike.It is really just like lure fishing but with big streamer flies and strong tackle including wire traces.I once caught a 35lbs. pike on a fly on a midlands water,Unfortunately I was Trout fishing and it was out of season.The fly was a Baby Doll!

Good luck

I went beach casting last year with a friend who fly fishes. He took his fly rod along with him. It was completely hopeless until the light started to fade and then it picked up. He caught a good few mackerel, one scad and carrying on after dark a couple of Whiting. It was about this time of year but we are in Kent, a fair way from you! He used Cats Whiskers and some tube-fly things. I don't know much about flys though! I would try at dawn or dusk though. Good luck.