Sponsorship

Julian

can anybody help?

quote:

Hello,

My name is Lucy; I’m 16 years old and have been fly fishing with my Dad for six years now. Just recently I have been involved with The England Ladies Fly Fishing Association, in which a team of four of us ladies competed in the Greys of Alnwick & Game Fair Flyfishers first semi-final which took place in July at Sweethope Loch.

Although we came tenth and thereby did not qualify to go onto the next stage of the competition I have been asked to qualify with the team and fish next year in the internationals at Grantham when I am 17. I would love to enter as the team are willing me to go and it would be good in my fishing career.

Unfortunately in order to travel to these places it is quite costly. Do any of your members have any ideas how I would be able to approach businesses, etc., for sponsorship?

Fishing is a great sport and I love it to bits and hope to make a career out of it, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lucy

Cheers, Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Best thing IMHO (as someone your age) would be to get seen regularly in fly fishing magazines, and get them to make note in any articles, etc, of your acheivement. I think a crude way of putting it is to blow your own trumpet as much as possible to get them to notice you, by showing yourself in a good light (no funny comments, I can't think of any other way to put it!)

Also mention that you are looking for sponsorship, and there is a good chance you will be competing nationally and you may get somewhere.

I am not sure on some of this, but I thought it might help.

Hope you get there, and good luck

[ 17. September 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Below is a link to an article that I wrote about sponsorships. I am assuming that the process in the U.K. should be similar to the process here in the U.S.

Basic Guidelines for Obtaining and Retaining Sponsors

As your career moves forward, it is extremely beneficial to go to college. Studying Business Management and Marketing will help a great deal.

Good Luck

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

Hiya, What about getting yourself a mention or two in your local paper, some mates and I entered the British Open Beach Championships a couple of years ago, and informed the local paper, they put in a pic and mentioned about sponsorship, we covered our entry fees and bait costs.Also try your local fishery, always worth a try.

Hope this is of some help.

Good luck.

Norrie :P

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Julian:

can anybody help?

quote:

Hello,

Cheers, Julian
You could try http://www.elfa.org in there you will find out who is sponsoring the ladies team and lots more.

My advice (for what it's worth), get your schooling over with, learn how to make your own flys and enjoy your fishing.

When you have a decent education then a decent job you can then either pay for your own fishing or possibly your employer will sponsor you for the advertising he/she will get.

Sorry to be a bit hard on you but it is a hard world out there :(

On a slightly brighter side, keep a diary of every thing every time you go fishing. ie water temp, dates, weather, fish caught/lost, flys used that worked, rigs etc etc you will then have a record for future reference or for an article in a fishing magazine.

I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Tight lines.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I agree completely with alan.

Schooling is a must in todays fishing industry. Also keeping a notes of the details from your fishing trips will provide a great deal of helpful information.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell