Eye protection

Adz

Not just while fishing now either as I just had a little 'experience' I'd not care to repeat which means I'll be wearing some form of protective eye wear when I tie flies from now on.

I put a very small (size 20) hook in the vice, I'd just tied the thread in and wound down the shank of the hook and there was a crack like a childs cap gun and something hit me on the cheek. I was a little surprised as you can imagine, the hook had snapped at the end of the shank, the shank and eye itself are still attached to the thread but I'm still looking for the bend, point and barb - they're not in the vice and could be anywhere I suppose.

I dread to think what would have happened if either piece had hit me in the eye.

Take care all... it's only a hobby after all ;-)

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

I had a forged hook, size 8 snap on me a few weeks ago when I was taking it out of a fish, I wasn't using much force and it was a new hook........I wasn't best pleased and was quite surprised that I'd managed to land the fish.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY