Pike in Cornwall

Scatman

I will ask my friend down there tomorrow. He took us fishing to a place with a lot of big perch years ago, it was a holiday park with a Western town in it. They started have a gun fight at the saloon when we were fishing, it was no wonder we didn't catch!! lol

What about White Acres?

Will let you know what I find out

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I will ask my friend down there tomorrow. He took us fishing to a place with a lot of big perch years ago, it was a holiday park with a Western town in it. They started have a gun fight at the saloon when we were fishing, it was no wonder we didn't catch!! lol

Sounds like Retallack a pretty water that I fished many years ago for perch but also apparently held pike. Go to http://www.chycor.co.uk/spirit-ofthe-west/page8.htm

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Yes Steve it was the same place but Ferret called it Winnards Perch. He took us perch fishing there when Matthew was about 9!! (He's 26 now) Anyway he said there are pike in there.

Another place he said was Porth Resevoir Nr Newquay. The was another place but they stopped fishing on it and it was producing pike to 30lb+

Hope that helps

lyn

There are apparently some good fish in Argal, but there are lots of jacks.

Lyn - was it Porth that had pike to 30lb in or another water all together.

Someone else mentioned about Retallack to me, so I will get up there and have look.

Would just like some other options to Argal, its the only place I seem to fish now!

There are apparently some good fish in Argal, but there are lots of jacks.

Lyn - was it Porth that had pike to 30lb in or another water all together.

Someone else mentioned about Retallack to me, so I will get up there and have look.

Would just like some other options to Argal, its the only place I seem to fish now!

No it was the other place. At Porth they are 20lb+ but it is a bit of a trek and my friend was not sure about leaving his van there :o but the fishing is good and it holds some decent tench as well if you fancy them in the summer.

He lives near Camelford and has fished a lot of the waters down there, mind you he still comes up here to fish a sydicate lake he belongs to!

lyn

I always hear that trout waters are good for pike. Does anyone know if there are any pike in Stithians? I know it is mostly trout in there, plus some other coarse species, but what about pike? Do any of the fly fishers get bothered by them?

• 1 month later...
I always hear that trout waters are good for pike. Does anyone know if there are any pike in Stithians? I know it is mostly trout in there, plus some other coarse species, but what about pike? Do any of the fly fishers get bothered by them?

try rettalick (the american theme park)lots of big pike in there..infact the specimen lake is crammed with pike current record is 31lb