Hooks..........

me

Why do all flies have barbed hooks?? Well I can't find any with barbless hooks. Because when you go fly fishing and mainly catch small fish that you don't want to keep the hook takes longer to get out.... Saying that i've caught a couple of small trout that have died so i ended up giving them to the cat! :P

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Nathan, crushing the barbs work and some actually break off, I use both.. Break them off then file whats left. Seems easier to me but it doesn't take that much time either way.

Greg, have you got any pointers on what materials to use for tying? I've got pheasant hackles and a few peacock feathers. Other odds and ends as well. Still learning and have yet to work out how I want to make a weighted nymph.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Jeff S:

Nathan, crushing the barbs work and some actually break off, I use both.. Break them off then file whats left. Seems easier to me but it doesn't take that much time either way.

Greg, have you got any pointers on what materials to use for tying? I've got pheasant hackles and a few peacock feathers. Other odds and ends as well. Still learning and have yet to work out how I want to make a weighted nymph.

Thanks in advance

I will have a beginners fly-tying Dvd/Cdrom available in about 2 weeks, e-mail or PM me if you want one

[ 24. January 2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: greg long ]

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..