Why did you start Fly fishing?????

me

I got a loan of a rod and reel off my brother-in-law and I spent ages training myself on the lawn

Nathan:

Good idea. I do that sometimes in my back garden when i don't get the chance to go. :D

Is this Toilet training :D or something else :D:D:D

If I do't have time to travel the 5 mins to a river I sometimes catch a couple of Koi and goldfish from my pond, they are suckers for small dries

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wunnus:

I wanted to fish along the South Tyne and it appeared to be all fly fishing in that area. So instead of having a fishingless holiday I tried out some instruction.

I found the constant action and concentration suited me.

Now there are a couple of travel fly rods and etc in the back of the car.

where did you fish on the south tyne, I'm buying a house out that wayand am interested.

PS Nathan, I'd always fancied having a go, but it was only when I moved to the North East, where even salmon fishing can be free (after buying your rod licence), when I took the plunge and bought some gear. Though I've had as many coarse fish as trout...which are also great fun (especially carp and tench)

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

10 brownie points:

Greg,

I would have to get off my backside and build a pond in the garden first, unless you have a spare weekend to come down to Limerick and show me how its done ....

No thanks, it would interfere with me fishing and I dont have a kevlar vest. :D:D

Besides I'm relocating my own pond this year, its too far down the garden :D:D:D

[ 30. January 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: greg long ]

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Like many others I suspect, it was originally to be able to go freshwater fishing in the old coarse close season. Then I became hooked!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I started flyfishing durring the miners strike.

The family breadwinner was a miner and is a great fly fisherman so as things got hard durring the strike and food was getting harder to afford he gave me an old rod and reel and taught me how to fly fish.

Two people catching fish for the pot was better than one I geusse.

Best gift I was ever given was his time.

I started because a old chap i know asked me to come i kept going when he offered but i only netted the fish. so i went to my local fisherie i wasent very good so loads of people showed me how to cast proper and the fish came flying a me! and that what got me going!

CON :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :o:D

I was invited for a fishing trip by a relative of my (then new) wife who is Irish. Being thick I assumed it was coarse fishing, then with three weeks to I realised it was fly! Quick purchase of a cheap combo kit, an hours tuition at a local lake then four days of heaven on Lough Carra and Lough Conn. Now its an annual pilgrimage (to Corrib as those two are polluted), plus any blowy days that prevent me from sea fishing.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk