set up

CHRIS R

I WAS TALKING TO A MATE AND WE GOT ON TO THE SUBJECT OF SET UP ( FROM FLY LINE TO FLIES)AND HE WAS TELLING ME HE USES BRAID TO HIS FIRST DROPPER THEN USES MONO FOR THE REST HE USES THE DROPPER RINGS

WHAT KIND OF SET UP DO THE REST OF YOU USE AND DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF SOME ONE ELSE THAT USES BRAID ?

CHRIS R:

I WAS TALKING TO A MATE AND WE GOT ON TO THE SUBJECT OF SET UP ( FROM FLY LINE TO FLIES)AND HE WAS TELLING ME HE USES BRAID TO HIS FIRST DROPPER THEN USES MONO FOR THE REST HE USES THE DROPPER RINGS

WHAT KIND OF SET UP DO THE REST OF YOU USE AND DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF SOME ONE ELSE THAT USES BRAID ?

He probably means he uses Braided loops or perhaps a braided leader between the fly line and his mono leader.

Colin

no it is braid. he atatches ten feet to his braided loop which goes to a seamless ring to which a dropper and line to his point fly ,the second line is mono he has fished like that for years and his catches are very good he out fishes the rest of the boat

a bit different but it works well for him dont know why he wont say ,a bit hush hush i think :)

To me it seems he uses the braid to make the line into a sink tip. Years ago I used Dacron to do the same thing it absorbs water quickly and helps the leader sinks faster. When Masterline bought out the intermediate I then used that. Have not been fly fishing for a few years so some new ideas could have come around.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own