Fishing this weekend??

Gillies

Gillies, It's our clubs first trip of the season tomorrow, we are heading off to the Loch/River Dochart.Here's hoping the fish are hungry. We've got some not bad trips booked for this year.

Wish us luck.

Norrie :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Wishing you all the luck for tomorrow Norrie - looking forward to hearing what you catch !!!!!

Don't think I'm going to manage out tomorrow, been asked to take some photos for someone - if is a nice day when I get up though, may try and put them off and head to the hills. I'll be in the hills anyway, so may take a rod with me - basically have to take a photo of a house in a remote location, and the best shot is from a hill, if it's a nice day I may walk to it "the long way" - on route I pass a picturesque spate Salmon river that will make good photos, and also 2-3 lochs that I know people have not fished for years (my relatives are from this area), so may have a cast on one of them.

Gillies :)

[ 20. March 2004, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Well,We made it to the Dochart river,the conditions were not condusive to the fly,it was snow/sleet all day, so out came the bait rods,My first cast with a couple of maggots on a size 14 hook produced a lovely yellow bellied fat Brown Trout of about 1.1/4lb, it gave me a cracking fight too.But that was it, the water was pouring down and coming off the hill in torrents, the river rose at least 4in in the time we were there(from 8am till 12 )John managed 4 trout, only one was a keeper, but a small one, they were all returned safely, as were the salmon parr that were caught. So that was the first one under the belt, and tho' conditions werent too good, we all had a great day. At least we got out. :D:rolleyes:

Theocritis..

A very nice fish Norrie - bet it led you a merry dance. What kind of condition was it in? Pitty about the rising water - I never have a decent fishing on that kind of day. I accidentally fished a prolific Salmon & Sea Trout loch in Harris one early morning and had an "amazing" fishing - followimg week fished it again, and it poured all night rising the water, and all I got was one very small returnable Finnac - then we had to leave for various reasons.

Came across my first Brownie of the year today also, and I didn't even have a rod - on the Salmon river I passed for the photos I was taking today there was a very small poor thing lying at the side of a rock - Im guessing he stupidly jumped the wrong way in the pool it was in :confused:

Whens the next trip?

Gillies :)

[ 20. March 2004, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Posted Image

Have a look for yourself Gillies, It did fight very well, and was a lovely fat fish, unlike the skinny ones that were caught elsewhere. But, it is now a pile of bones and skin. Had it for my tea tonight. :D The next Fresh water trip with the club is Loch Fitty in two weeks. Cant wait for that either, I went straight out and got a new pair of Goretex trousers today so I'm ready for it, my old ones fell to bits on Saturday.

Theocritis..