hardy sirrus

sless

With a fly rod I would go and try one its all about what suits.

I have both Hardy and greys rods as does my wife and both are excellent.

I have three ultralites (7.5ft, 9ft and 15ft) and they are superb, they have started going quite cheap now they have been replaced if you shop around. Highly recommended if you can stand having not the latest model and they suite when you try them. Even though they have become non current I cannot see me ever replacing them other than breakage if Hardy cannot repair. Rods like those are friends for life.

Greys we have a GRX saltwater each but I also recommend the missionary ranges, lure and fly.

I also use almost exclusively Cortland lines and a WF will cost between 30 quid for a 333 to around 60 for a 555. The exception is my main spey line where I prefer a Lee Wulff triangle taper.

Cheers

I would agree with Jeepster the GRX stuff has a few more miles in it yet. Plus if you have only been once a rod faster than a GRX is probably premature if not undesirable in terms of your casting suffering.

But I understand the issue, needing to cash those fishing tokens before someone else lays claim to them.

Don't understand the last bit of your previous post ?

• 2 weeks later...