Jezza..............

mr motorola

Well he was only speaking the truth (tongue in cheek) , but to be fair he was speaking his own mind. Is this what our island is lacking , a return to telling it like it is?

For what its worth , i dont find what he said offensive in the slightest , neither do i find what he says in general offensive , i guess i put that down to his Yorkshire blood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7873624.stm

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Because the implication could be inferred that one eyed people are idiots. I like Clarkson as much as the next guy, and I don't see the need to apologise every time someone or other is the teeniest bit offended, but I think here an apology was called for.

Edit: I have to say, despite my late father losing one eye early on in my life, I didn't find the remark in the slightest offensive, but I can certainly see how some would.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

He is though, isn't he?

Paul

I'm not even sure it was the implication that one-eyed people could be idiots that was the issue. It's the fact that he was ripping the pee out of his disability, fullstop. If he doesn't like the guy, fair enough, but the 'one-eyed' comment was a bit much, given that Brown genuinely is blind in one eye.

And I'm a fan of Clarkson, too, so am particularly glad that he saw it the same way and it was all sorted so quickly.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Because the implication could be inferred that one eyed people are idiots.

Isn't that the reason for the demise of our island?

Could be seen as this , could be seen as that...........................so what.

I know i like to rant and jump on my soapbox from time to time but i really do shudder to think what we are turning into. What will it be like in 10 years time from now. Are the goodies trying to eliminate any kind of badness and create some sort of utopian society where everyone gets on with everyone? I think it's a far fetched precept to even think that will ever happen but someone obviously thinks it's a good idea.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

No, you're bang on Mr.M.

It makes me cringe every time someone is offended and therefore heaven and earth has to be moved to placate them. You're offended, OK, duly noted, now go forth and multiply off and get on with your life.

We need to teach people to be a little more tolerant, and if they can't be more tolerant, we should shoot them.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

mr motorola,

The guy has a genuine disability, for crying out loud.

Do you think it would be fair to remind somebody in a wheelchair that they can't walk every time you disagree with them, for example?

It's not a case of 'speaking your mind', as Clarkson himself has accepted. It's a case of stepping over the mark and becoming a spiteful bully.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Brown, by the way. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

mr motorola,

The guy has a genuine disability, for crying out loud.

Do you think it would be fair to remind somebody in a wheelchair that they can't walk every time you disagree with them, for example?

It's not a case of 'speaking your mind', as Clarkson himself has accepted. It's a case of stepping over the mark and becoming a spiteful bully.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Brown, by the way. :D

Apart from Anglys last four words in post 7 i couldn't agree more Elton.

I wouldn't remind a man in a wheelchair that he couldn't walk , i wouldn't before the change by the pc brigade and i wouldn't consider after it.

As for him having a genuine disability , i'll back you 100% on that one , the guy couldn't organise a p155 up in a brewery.(Mr Brown that is)

It is a case of speaking your mind though , Clarkson has got away with many a slip in the past , i think he has been reprimanded on this one because of who he is actually picking on. I share a lot of Jezzas views , most of them make sense in this surreal world we now live in. The following that Jezza has is unbelievable , even for someone that hosts a show on BBC2 on a sunday night!!!!

Edited by mr motorola

Clarkeson's appeal is because he is forth right, not always right but non the less entertaining. Sure his Top Gear thingy is passed it's sale by date, just what they still have to do to prove they are real lads is beyond me. However he is a real personality and not gagged by protocol.

But it was a remark that beyond good taste and would be the sort of thing that should be said down the pub and not aired on radio or tv even if it's only Oz, where calling someone of doubtful parentage is a Term Of Endearment. :o