PASTE FEEDER FISHING?

rob39

Hi all

Has anyone heard of fishing paste with a feeder on a feeder rod (obviously). How is this done, what do you use in the feeder? whats the best paste mix and how to make it? what rigs do you use? how often do you have to re-bait? How does fishing paste actualy catch fish? Are carp the only spieces you catch on this method? is it an all year round method?

Paste is just a bait, there's many different types and most coarse fish will try them.

A feeder is just a method of delivering some freebies or something tasty to gain the fishes interest into a tight area (depends on your casting ability).

A well made paste will stay on the hook as long as you want it to, small fish will whittle it away if they are present, that's why boilies were invented.

Any boilie mix can be used as a paste or you can make cheesepaste; a simple breadpaste will work too.

Paste baits will catch fish at any time of the season.

Trying to fish paste on the feeder is a bit of a nightmare really, if your going to try it then id say your best bet would be to use one of the springs or rubber bombs that have been made specially for that purpose at least that way your giving yourself a much better chance of the bait staying on, the bigger the feeder or bomb you use even with a really good paste the more difficult it becomes . Another thing i did try quite a few years back now was i got the smallest trebles i could find & though there was nothing in the rules against it & it worked really well i gave up to it because it just didnt seem right .

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Tucking your hook bait just inside the bottom of your block-end feeder with your feed so that its one of the first things to come out when its in the water can help it stay on when casting.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I think it was Steve Burke who came up with a good tip for keeping paste on your hook, slip a biro spring onto the line before tying the hook and then slide it down over the shank. Trim the spring to suit whatever size hook you're using.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

He may have done. Myself and Steve had a similar ideas before, especially about predators and prey (ie: Perch articles, Cheetah stalking Impala.....remember that one Steve?....lol)

As for the paste....I've posted the pen spring tip a few times but like most things, someone else will have thought of it too. It's rare to come up with a completely original idea when it comes to tackle and techniques.

Another paste tip:

Take the spring out of a push-button pen and cut it to the length of your chosen hook's shank. Slip the spring onto the hook-shank before tying your hook-length. The spring simply gives the paste something to mould onto, so you can happily cast without fear of the paste disintegrating, especially with long casts.

You can also attach a length of spring to the hook with a hair. Now you can fish a ball of paste without masking the hook, which makes it ideal for species known for blowing baits, like those fat, bloated carp things.

You can also mould paste round your weight, feeder, boilie...whatever. When you make a paste, try making up different sized offerings, mould some round your chosen weights etc. and then test them in cold water to time the breakdown rate. If you want the paste to last longer, add more oil to the mix. If you want the paste to break down immediately, just use egg as a binder. Different mixes will break down at different rates so it's worth experimenting.

.....Regards.....Andy..... :)

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

He may have done. Myself and Steve had a similar ideas before, especially about predators and prey (ie: Perch articles, Cheetah stalking Impala.....remember that one Steve?....lol)

As for the paste....I've posted the pen spring tip a few times but like most things, someone else will have thought of it too. It's rare to come up with a completely original idea when it comes to tackle and techniques.

.....Regards.....Andy..... :)

Aha that's where I saw it. Sorry Andy, I credited the wrong person, you'll have to prize the royalty cheque out of Steve's hands.

The spring tip works well.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I think it was Steve Burke who came up with a good tip for keeping paste on your hook, slip a biro spring onto the line before tying the hook and then slide it down over the shank. Trim the spring to suit whatever size hook you're using.

Nope, not me on this one. I'd have said Andy Mac but he's beaten me to it.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The only thing I'd like to prize out of Steve's hands is a few of his perch PBs.

.....Regards.....Andy

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...