Elbow

jeepster

I finally got round to watching the Elbow Radio 2 session (probably available via your red button now) tonight and I'm left feeling speechless, it's a wonderful performance, of an excellent album (The Seldom Seen Kid) It was a real joy to watch and to see Richard Hawley (Who's an old friend) join them on stage for 'The Fix' was a real treat. In short, it's well worth watching if you're a music fan, and their most recent album (the aforementioned Seldom Seen Kid) is a masterpiece, listen to it and enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the first couple of albums but have yet to hear Seldom Seen Kid.

I must go track it down.

At the moment though Hard Fi's "Once upon a time in the West" is getting regular plays.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Seldom Seen Kid even tops Asleep In The Back Ken, it's a stunning piece of work.

Not heard the Hard Fi one you mention, never been that impressed by them, but I might give it a go....

Edited by jeepster

The two most disappointing gigs I've seen lately have been Seasick Steve - proof that recommendations come with a health warning! and on Saturday, I went and saw British Sea Power - overrated by some distance by the manager at home!

I can't wait to see Richard Thompson later this year. Almost makes a trip to Manchester worthwhile.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Elbow...winners at the Brits :)

Yep, just won best British group, a very pleasant surprise I might add, I was sure Radiohead or Coldplay were going to win it.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"