It isn't just Virgin Atlantic....

Alan Stubbs

alan,with my phone(a samsung) i can block any individual number i like. might be an idea,once you get the copies of texts sorted out.

if he gets another sim,as soon as you get another threatening message,copy it,then block that number too.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you download the messages to your PC, how will anyone know you have not altered them? Surely it is better to keep them exactly as you received them and start using another phone and/or sim card.

Edited by Lid

Check to see if you can block his number, you should be able to. However that won't stop him getting another sim/phone and starting again.

Individual numbers can't be barred on the network, nor on my handset, a Sony Ericsson. I know they can be barred on Samsung handsets -indeed I've had some very funny incidents as a result of this - including having to tell a daughter that she couldn't call her mother because her mother (who was stood by her side) has possibly managed to restrict calls from certain numbers - indeed she did, but only hers!.

The best I can do, if I can't manage to download the texts will be to give the phones to the police and insist they download them whilst I wait.

I'll keep you 'in the loop'. It's quite possible that we have found a prima facie case of fraud against him as well. I'm going to ask someone in the staff shop to have a look at his account for me (I'm not allowed to), but I know he's just taken out a new contract, but the address he gave as his main residence hasn't been his main residence for over 6 weeks (because he was evicted). He has shown violence to his ex-wife, fraudulently used other people's credit cards, intercepted and opened other people's mail, made calls to insurers purporting to be someone else, threatened to kill me, interferred with family relationships by spreading lies!...and that's just the start

This bloke is a right charmer. I would go so far as to say that he is a suitable case for insisted suicide... it would certainly do society the only favour he's done in the 49 years of his wasted existence.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan,

Why can't you download them to your computer?? or have I missed something?

I got a cable to connect and a disk to install when I bought my phone so I can store numbers, messages etc.

I hope you get it sorted.

I'd be interested to know if it's possible to block texts from certain locations? such as "You are a winner" call this number to collect your prize.

Colin

Downloading texts is possible, but the police will not accept this as evidence - they tell me they want the phone itself - and for them to download the texts and voice messages.

I have tried using Sony Ericsson PC Suite which does back up pictures and contacts, which are saved at handset level. Text messages are stored on the sim card and I was trying to download these inclusive of the date stamp and sender's details. But I am told by the police that they want the phone to do this themselves - as it then doesn't count as 'tampered with' evidence.

Unfortunately, you can't block text messages. Altering the message centre number only affcts out-going texts. The safest way to avoid receiving texts like ones you suggest is to avoid applying to dubious numbers and websites... although friend's pranks can't be ruled out either!

Sorry Alan, I fully appreciate you have a PROBLEM. But this is quite a simple thing to sort out? Take ALL your evidence to the local Police? Instead of prevaricating and bluffing your way around on this forum? It is quite obvious that you MAY have to relinquish your phone and sim card even if only for a temporary period.

Sorry having a debate about all of this on here is NOT the way to continue! In fact by discussing this on an open forum it could be possibly held against you for inciting something or other? Take the "Evidence" to the local Police and let THEM decide if a case exists!!!

Whatever you THINK you may know/be able to prove, it is down to the LAW to be able to actually do something and lets face it if they say there is nothing can be done then you possibly do not have a leg to stand upon. And massaging your conscience/ego talking about your actions on here does not as far as I am concerned do you any favours. After all you are NOT after advice are you with regard to the actions you should take?? You HAVE already decided that! And you HAVE been advised quite succinctly I think what actions you should take with regard to downloading the messages!

To close, personally I have NOTHING but praise for the virgin staff! But no accounting for taste is there?

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Alan, I've just realised I've got a few PAYG O2 SIM cards, you're welcome to one gratis if you need to give your phone to the rozzers for a while, I can lend you a phone too. It's not a perfect solution I know but it'll keep you with a phone without any unnecessary expense.

Sorry Alan, I fully appreciate you have a PROBLEM. But this is quite a simple thing to sort out? Take ALL your evidence to the local Police? Instead of prevaricating and bluffing your way around on this forum? It is quite obvious that you MAY have to relinquish your phone and sim card even if only for a temporary period.

Sorry having a debate about all of this on here is NOT the way to continue! In fact by discussing this on an open forum it could be possibly held against you for inciting something or other? Take the "Evidence" to the local Police and let THEM decide if a case exists!!!

Whatever you THINK you may know/be able to prove, it is down to the LAW to be able to actually do something and lets face it if they say there is nothing can be done then you possibly do not have a leg to stand upon. And massaging your conscience/ego talking about your actions on here does not as far as I am concerned do you any favours. After all you are NOT after advice are you with regard to the actions you should take?? You HAVE already decided that! And you HAVE been advised quite succinctly I think what actions you should take with regard to downloading the messages!

To close, personally I have NOTHING but praise for the virgin staff! But no accounting for taste is there?

It's obviously a bit too subtle for you to understand....

I am being caused grief by someone and am now expected to be out of pocket and significantly inconvenienced as a reult. It would seem you think that's acceptable. We'll agree to differ there.

My major grief is really with the attitude of Virgin staff. What I am asking is a level of service I'm paying for. What I am getting is broken promises and inertia. You've got nothing but praise for Virgin staff? That's half the problem with this country - they settle for the third rate.

As it is, I've bitten the bullet and borrowed a prepay phone from work.

The Alan I knew would have just gone to see him and nip it in the bud

Hi John!!!! Long time, no hear!

Are you still in contact with Danzante? I live in Tuebrook nowadays, and he lives nearby, I gather. As his mobility isn't good, I wanted to offer to take him out fishing.

As for the issue in hand, the guy is a chairbound amputee, and the baseball bat strategy tends to be lacking in social acceptance. But, by God, I've been tempted and have had numerous offers of proxy assistance!

keep fit and well.

Alan

Alan, I've just realised I've got a few PAYG O2 SIM cards, you're welcome to one gratis if you need to give your phone to the rozzers for a while, I can lend you a phone too. It's not a perfect solution I know but it'll keep you with a phone without any unnecessary expense.

Jeeps, you have PM. But thanks, I've got it sorted.