Life Time Warranties

Caddis

Has anyone had experience of life time rod warranties? I sent off a broken section of a Greys rod to Greys in July with my cheque and got a letter back saying they would replace it in 6 weeks. I notice there is no mention of 6 weeks in the ads! It seemed a long delay and it is now past 6 weeks and they have still not made the replacement. Has anyone actually had a Greys replacement? Or a good experience with another manufacturer?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caddis i once had a grays rod that had to be sent back due to a breakage, they also said around 6 weeks for the replacement. But as i pointed out to them i need a replacement rod not section as the other sections will be differant from the replaced section due to sun bleaching etc etc, they took my comments on board i sent back the whole rod and got a nice new one free, i also got loads of free stuff after i complained it took so long.

Id give them a call if i was you to jog their memorys. BTW abu have the best service department IMHO, sent a reel back due to a spindle breaking got a whole new reel in 2 weeks, cant complain at that

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Oh dear that doesn't bode well for me. I broke the tip on one of my Greys Stalker rods yesterday and was just starting to parcel up the bits to send to Greys for replacement.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Gerry,

You'd best break your ABU reel and send that off as well!!

Colin

Difficult to bust an ABU Colin. I did however turn an Orvis four weight from a four piece into a five piece a few weeks back. Thats also ready to send back to Orvis. Hope the service is better than Greys.

I must admit I found the service from Greys to be first class - last year I broke the butt section of my GRX that I use for saltwater flyfishing.I contacted greys and they advised me to return the butt section (cut into 6" lengths!!) to them along with the £15 handling fee, I received the replacement within a week and have had no further problems with the rod. (despite the abuse it receives on the beach :rolleyes: ) I would definately get in touch with Greys as soon as possible!!!

Of course Greys are now part of House of Hardy (but that's another story :D )

I would also add that my brother broke his Sage and received nowhere near such good service!!

[ 06. September 2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Graeme B ]

My little Orvis snapped at the 4th section last year, got it back in 3 days with two new top sections. :)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Sadly Toggle I've had my Orvis Adam for nine years and they don't make them any longer. In their time they were the dogs dangly bits of through action 4 weights. Lovely lazy action. Orvis have offered me an updated model instead. No doubt a lot faster but after nine years I suppose I can't grumble.

best service I ever had was from Redington with a busted Titanium 10 weight bought in the USA.

I emailed Redington in Florida and within a few hours they'd arranged a new replacement from their agent in Yorkshire