john wilson fri 3rd dec

mickthefisher

Hiya,Im afraid that rooksbury mill is no longer a fishery as such.The local angling club in Andover has one of the lakes as a day ticket course fishery and the other lake is now totally without fish.The whole of what was once a very natural area has now been cleared and a big wide gravel path put around for walkers and the old mill is now flats.Still a lovely spot, but not a patch on what was once a great trout fishery.

Ride Hard, Fish Harder.AFFA.

Egads!

Sorry to hear that Big John, Rooksbury was where I cut my fly fishing teeth!

It was a really nice 'natural' fishery with the intimate smaller lake & river as well.

I suppose there's no escapee's in the river Anton for the kids to catch any more either. :(

Well I suppose with all the big money waters in the area it was going to suffer from being the 'poor neighbour'.

Where do you fluff chuck that way now? Avon Springs was looking good about 10 years ago when I left the area.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.