How was your 2004 Season?

Gillies

Just wondering how everyones year was on the Lochs, Rivers and Reservoirs.

My year could of been better, butI guess I cant complain ... except when the Midgees were out !!!!!

My catches were:

Countless Brown Trout - best just over 2 lbs.

Sea Trout - 5, best at 3lbs (large number of Finnock all returned)

Salmon - 3, two coloured September hens 4lbs & 5 lbs (returned) and a Silver cock fish in October which I kept.

Oh, and a huge Common Eel one day ... I guess at near 2lbs in weight. Yucky thing !!!!!

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

To much on, didn't even get my stuff out, all lines off the reals, rods not even out their bags... roll on next season...

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Season over? not for the Rainbow on lakes it's not!

So far had a good year, mainly on the club lakes - always getting a good bag and enjoying some 'sport' on a small lake where it's C&R. Took the kids a few times to - and once again they get the bigger fish! - lad spotted his first Adder this year as well (last Adder that he did not spot he rode over on his bike!)

Had fun on the Test in Oct and had Grayling and Sea trout, Will try to do a bit more river fishing next year as I enjoy it so much even if it's harder.

Should get a chance for a fish or two over Xmas as the clubs lakes are well sheltered and down here we hardly get decent frosts.

Eel on a fly? now that's a new one!

Season's greetings to all our reader's

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Havn't been out as much as I would like, blanked everytime at the beach, but the still waters have been fair to me with only one blank. Have been trying out as many different waters as possible, so it's been fun.

Started tying my own flys, buzzers being the most successful, fantastic feeling catching on your own design, even better when your mates ask for them and also catch.

Hoping to try the Itchen before new year, first time on a river, so any help would be greatfully received.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Itchen? Grayling only till next spring!?

Only know some huge trout lurk in section under the A34 at 'winnal' as I've watched 'em & thown them my lunch.

Lower reaches (below Winchester) is Sea Trout & Salmon as well as Trout & Grayling + Coarse fish. Above Winchester the Salmon seem to fade - same the Sea trout.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• 1 month later...

Went last July,first time for many years.Used to go a lot.Really enjoyed it,and caught :) Have just been GIVEN a brand new rod ,£310 quids worth :) so am champing at the bit to get out :) .Hopefully end of this month at a small surrey stillwater :) .

Went Ok did 2004.

Loads of wild river brown, and day total best in May. Also did a "PB" in terms of 8 river browns in 8 consecutive casts,

PB river brown in May.

PB stocked lake brown in September.

My best total for number of stillwater rainbows in a day in September.

PB stocked lake rainbow in October.

Just two salmon and one Kelt both salmon low doubles.

Mind you my coarse and carping did not go well at all this year.