fly fishing on saturday

me

I shall mainly be using buzzers (at least for the first half hour and when I've caught nowt I will be using lures).

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony U get the best of both worlds, fish the washing line. Booby , 2 buzzers then a mini lure, works a treat. FF2 Ive posted some pointy things, includeing some 2 pointy ones, they should be there for when the escape commitee organize the next break out!! :D

Guest PhilB

thanks Jim, your package arrived today - a super selection, thanks very much! Can't wait for some decent weather and a few fish on the top. Went to KIPLIN HALL yesterday, there was a tremendous hatch of buzzers but they were only about a size 18. A couple of fish had been feeding on them and a lot of daphnia. Not much rising tho'. Had fish on the Apps bloodworm, big black buzzer and a Goldhead hares lug. 2 of them were over-wintered, slim, silver and fought like tigers- great stuff. :) Thanks for the wee doubles, 2(!) pointy bits - I'll have to be careful with those! Any suggestions on what to tie on them? (for rainbows). :confused:

Phil I tend totry and stick to simple patterns wee sparklers, dwial bachs black pennals Ive even managed the odd mini lure cats whisker viva things like that, mind you it can get to the white coat man stage, Ill post you afew in the future if you like?

Hey Jim are you and Phil having an affair? - sounds like a match made in heaven to me LOL

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Guest PhilB

It's OK Jim, I'll tie one or two of your suggestions next time the gear's out. Errrrrr.....are we having an affair? !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry snatcher Ive been neglecting you!!!!! its just that your implements are so big that I stuggle to cope with their size,! :D If you explain your thoughts on these here monster mullet Ill put whats left of my mind to its solution!! Ive also got some other bits and pieces to finish when I do theyll be in the post.

Well a little black and orange nymph, worked for me on saturday but it was cold wet and miserable up in Yorkshire.

I can not recommend the fishery enough, Walton Hall Trout Fishery near Wakefield, it is a beautiful setting well stocked and really helpful and friendly.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.