ff2 what have you done?

Snatcher

You seem to have injected a breath of fresh air into this forum Phil. You have actually got some of the fluff chuckers out of their armchairs,well done.

Loved the caption comp,thinking about doing one myself on here when I get the right material to post.

Keep up the good work mate.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snatcher as you dont seem to have started on your quest to rid at least part of the world of alchohol I wonder if youve tried glueing eyes to foam, I am finding that the eyes are lasting about 2 fish, then the foam contracts and the eyes come of. Any thougths?

You cant successfully glue eyes to foam unless you use either the type of eyes that connect to each other via a small plastic shaft through the foam ie no adhesive is used. Or you can use two part epoxy (the five minute stuff) When its stuck then cover the whole head with a thin coat of epoxy too. Anything else, like superglue will come apart either sooner or later.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Have tried using the ones with plastic shafts behind them(teddy bear eyes)Just burnt a hole into the foam,ear plug with a hot nail and then suoerglued the shaft in.I think that the eye is really to catch the angler more than the fish. I think that the general shape and the way it is presented is more important.The ones I have made are that bouyant that the eyes are out of the water anyway!

On the last couple just used a black marker pen to do the eye.

Have just started to epoxy resin the front face(mix some silver glitter in with it) to make it more durable. Hope this helps Jim.

[ 07. March 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hello Marko welcome to the forum

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Guest PhilB

Awwww shucks Snatch - it was nothing. Looks like I pinched someone's Avatar image as well! Sorry Graylingking! Didn't see you there. Hey - I'm goin' fishin' on Saturday, don't wish me luck or it'll be a disaster, I can feel it in my water! Warm welcome to MARKO!

Where you going to ff2,is it for the troots then?

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair