Fly fishing in Manchester

craynerd

I`ve only been fishin a little while full stop so fly fishing is definately something to perfect in a good few years time BUT a friend of my grandad who sadly died gave him some of his fly fishing gear, where could i go in the manchester area.. (preferably Bury area (N manchester)) to have a go, with the chance of catching.

Regards

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

yea, i know irwell does cuz i have had 2 from there when i was younger. Its just which spots to pick on the irwell!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

thats a long walk down!

Do you mean actually fish all the way along the bank between Rawtenstall and Bury lol ?

Here fishy fishy.......

• 1 year later...

i fish the Irwell at Rawtenstall. There is a good stretch from K-Steels , down to the Weir. i trot half a lobworm ,with a chubber float (set around 2-3 feet) although i will be trying a fly set up when the 06/07 season starts.

IPB Image