char baits

ferox fisher

Hello

Does anyone know of places to bank fish for char.I am looking to kill two birds with one stone here,take my son fishing and get some baits at the same time.Was going to go to Loch Doine but have been told that the loch has been bought by someone and there is now no fishing on it.Have been told that Lubnaig was good but have fished it twice and have only had trout.Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

kevin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhilB

Kev, I will be going char fishing next month, I will keep you a few for bait if I get any. They freeze well and if you're ever down this way you could pick them up. Got that stuff you sent thanks, I will send you some bits soon. I will also send another DVD but my video editor has gone wonky so it may be a week or two!

Hi Kevin

Just to let you know that Derek went fishing for Char bait Yesterday to the Garry in Perthshire and took 31. Permits are reasonable and can be obtained from Mrs Simpson next to the loch. All were taken on maggot from a swimfeeder.

Looks like I'll soon be able to tell you if Char are better bait fot Ferox. Roll on next weekend on the Arcaig or the Quoich

Tight Lines

Gerry

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

Hello Gerry

My mate john fished Lochy this weekend he had an 8lb,3lb and lost another on sat and on sunday he had a 9lb and a 5lb fish.I am going up this weekend so could do with the same luck he had.I would like to try the garry for baits but i dont think i would be able to make it up before the weekend.Ask Derek what part of the loch he got baits from for me on the off chance i make it up.I will post to let you know how i get on.

Tight lines

Kevin

---------------------

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea

I am probably being unnecessarily contentious and over-punctilious again - BUT...

Aren't CHAR (rather more than just merely threatened, definitely thin-on-the-ground now, relics of a past Ice Age) considered, in some quarters, to be summat like an endangered species these days...?

As much my mind (tortured as SOME in our Brave New Angling World these days might want it be considered) has long been fired by the very existence of the Mythical Ferox, or particularly the VAST Wild Trout (you should see 'em in the lakes of the Southern Andes) ... I have sometimes thought, more than just occasionally, ya know, that one's 'Big Angling Dream' might just come at FAR too high a cost...

Why I gave up serious piking, a while back, maybe...?

"Yes", I am increasingly inclined to think, now.

"Superior" species ... "Inferior" species... (The latter, by our own special-interest definition, therefore, more dispensable and easily wasted...).

Does it HAVE to be Char, then, though? Won't some more-easily-wasted, tank-raised rainbows 'do'?

In horse-racing parlance, then: Why be so (potentially, destructively) blinkered?

[ 24. April 2005, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

ferox fisher:

CORRECT You ARE being unnecessarily contentious and over punctillious.

----------------

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea.

'fraid not, sonny. You (and a lot of others, I believe, now) need to GET REAL about just what you do in the name of 'Sport'.

Yours in that sport etc,

PB

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

ferox fisher:

Humankind cant bear too much of you im afraid.Why dont you take your over contentious preaching and go and annoy someone else.Just out of interest what kind of fishing do you do.

And, it appears, a joker, too...

My fishing?

Hmm...

I have done virtually the lot, dear boy, the whole g0ddam lot. And, perhaps dauntingly, continue to do so.

Keep on wasting those char, ya hear?

Luv

Paul