char baits

ferox fisher

ferox fisher:

Think the area at the top of loch voil that you are talking about fergie is loch doine Watch what you are doing as i was told that someone had bought the place and the area is apparently not fisherman friendly supposedly no fishing on it at all now.Take care .

Kevin.

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea.

Amazing.

Can't read, can't smell, and deaf.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ferox fisher:

:( Oh no the return of the unliked one!bring it on jobby jabber.

Merely trying to induce in you and the likes of you something like an understanding of a FUTURE, ff.

The way you're going now, there will not be one...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

fergie:

Paul

You should visit some of these loch when the charr are active youll see that there are plenty of them and taking some for bait once a year is doing no harm at all.

It's about a question of BALANCE (and educated restraint), I reckon, now, ferg'.

I don't decry the taking of 'lesser' critters (done plenty of them m'self) for bait, I merely want us ALL to be aware of the Few v. Many (freezer-filling) Thing, now.

[ 09. June 2005, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

I dont think anyone in their right mind really wants to fill a freezer with charr.Most are too small to eat and theres only so much bait we need.But those charr i take are the only fish killed in the season.

But i know what you mean some people take things to extremes(look at what a great fisherman i am)I've seen it ALL on our lochs.

Ferox fishermen catching 20 charr a year is the least of our problems...FERGIE..

Fergie gives a shout next time you are going up and you can show me where it is.I am going up to Lochy/Arkaig second week of the trades and need a few baits,tell me did you get any brownies when you were fishing for the char.Cheers

Kevin

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea. :D

Kevin.

I dont think al be fishing it again this year the charr have moved out into the deep water.Yes we always catch brownies here too.I have only fished this loch for ferox once.But i really should give it a serious go.A lot of the charr i've caught have been badly mauled.And there are so many of them there must be good ferox in there.

CHEERS FERGIE

ferox fisher:

... area is apparently not fisherman friendly supposedly no fishing on it at all now.Take care .

Day tickets for both lochs, £3.50 per day

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote