char baits

ferox fisher

ferox fisher:

Hello i know i shouldnt take the bait again but this i have to ask.Is the Paul Bootle doing all the preaching the same one as the one in the 1991 hit casting for gold.The one with the wee guy with the natty tight shorts being eyed up from behind by John Bailey,You know the one where john is standing behind you with your wee tight shorts and cooing ooooh Paul ooooh Paul because if it is i will never be able to reply to any more of your tosh without smiling and chuckling like a Blackpool donkey.By the way how many rupees did you have to chuck at the wee indians to jump in to a swollen river to tether your fish where i come from we net our own.Goes to show what money can do for you though.Nope i have finaly worked it out after all of the rape and pillaging of fish that you have done all over this beautifull world of ours you are now looking for forgiveness and to do this you are going to blame me aye thats right it was him it wisnae me he killed the char.

P.S do you still have those natty litte shorts with the stain on the back.

P.P.S please do not reply for at least a week as im off to the Lochy with a bagfull of bait.If i dont catch one Paul you wouldnt know of anywhere i may be able to buy a 20lb Ferox do you.

------------------------------------

Did you know that fish didnt smell till women started swimming in the sea.

Que?

You sound an extremely unpleasant, peevish, little man, Ferox. I just hope the fish love you.

Regards,

Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Norrie

Fished garry on sat morning but unfortunately the wind was howling down the loch in to our faces.We fished for a couple of hours but we never got any char or trout for that matter.We went up to lochy and managed to get four baits on a no1 mepps to get us started but although the small uns were biting the big ones were not we fished all day with two dead baits and a lure on the poker rod but we did'nt even have an offer.Sat night my son Daniel fished the margins with maggots and caught six lovely small browns we kept four for Sundays fishing.Sunday started quite blowy and we thought for a while that we may get blown off but after a couple of hours it settled down in to quite a pleasant day apart from the fish.No fish and the same as Sat not even an offer.We heard of a 15lb fish that came off to a lure on Sat but apart from a couple of rainbows that was about all for the weekend.Won't be beaten though we are making plans for another trip in May but hopefully with better results.

cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Sorry I did not get back to you last week but I had the small task of making sure the new motorway I'm working on could open on Thursday so couldn't get near a computer till today.

I ended up at the Arcaig from Friday to Monday. One small brownie in the boat on friday caught on a small rapala on the spare rod. Not a touch on either Sunday on Monday on any of the rods. 3 of us in the boat fishing Char baits most of the time. Looks like the jury is still out on the char versus other baits for Ferox. I'll let you know of any further developments although I'm going to have only limited trips this year for Ferox due to relocating to Ireland for work.

Sorry the weather was so bad for your trip. Sunday in the boat was awful but as usual as soon as we started to pack up for the return home on Monday, the sun came out and the weather was scorching. Only lasted as far as the Lomond though on the way south.

Hope you have success on your Ferox hunt. Needs a hard winter to bring them out early season though.

Gerry

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

Kevin/Gerry, Thanks to you both for the reports, sorry the trips werent a bit better, but at least you got out... :D ..Our club is off to the Quoich on the 3rd June, for the weekend away trip, but unfortunately, I wont make it, :( as I'm off to Lymington to fish for Smoothound...I tried to get them to change the date, but as I'm only the Secretary, there was no chance. :rolleyes: ....but, will keep you both nformed of the outcome.

Cheers....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie put your foot down mate and get up to the Qouich.Ferox over smoothound no competition, although in saying that you will probably get more sport.I have not fished Quoich for about 15 years but there are some big fish in it but it is a very barren sort of place,gave me the creeps at times when i fished it.Hope you have a good time with the smoothound.

Kevin

---------------------

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea.

Guest PhilB

If you guys ever have any char spare you should try this recipe (ex Falkus & Buller);

bake your fish and separate the meat from the bones. Mash it in a bowl with a fork until no flakes are visible. Season to taste and stir in single cream until a stiff paste is made. You can keep this in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze it. Toast a slice of bread on one side then butter the other and spread on the char paste. Put back under the grill until brown. Oh! Yummy :)

I once tried to eat a pike but I later found out where I went wrong! Try this; Fillet your pike and skin the fillet. Season to taste. Place it between 2 pieces of MDF and tie it tightly with string. Bake in a moderate oven. When cooked, cut the string and remove the fillet. Throw it in the bin and eat the MDF!!! :D:D:D

(Only joking you guys)

You are kidding me now Phil,me with spare char.

p.s Do you ever get bones in your M.D.F.

----------------

Did you know that fish did not smell till women started swimming in the sea.

[ 11. May 2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: ferox fisher ]