witch lake suffolk/norfolk catfish sturgeon

michael d

I've been aware of this place for a while as I'd seen a guy a couple of months back with a Catfish of maybe nearly 120lb's. He'd posted his pics up on a blog that I can't find the link for now. If I remember it made the local paper at the time.

The fishery is out Thetford way and from what I can gather the owner has made no secret that all the fish are European and have been imported in the right way although I think they may of been an EA investigation of some sort.

The ticket price is £30 odd for 24 hrs. Is that right Michael?

Good going by the way it must of been some experience! I might of found it a strange one personally but I'm not knocking...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

Can you look out for an email from me, please.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sounds like a temperate version of th Bung Sam Lan fishery in Thailand. Before you know it, it'll also be stocked with big imported common and grass carp along with a bunch of wuchang bream and murray cod.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i have just noticed you live in ipswich to? do you have you own fishing shop? :thumbs:

No, although I sell a few bits online (details here) - I get most of my bits and pieces from Markhams in Woodbridge Road.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 3 months later...
hi all i went to the lake and wot a session i had ! i had catfish 21lb to 115lb and it was a monster it is a very good fishery but not cheap

hi was that the whitch lake in norfolk u went to thinking of going there my self have ya got a address 4 this lake or a phone number sound a great lake 2 fish thanx anthony

• 7 months later...
hi this is a uk water on the norfolk suffolk border

hello mate,... i live in mildenhall and would love to be able to fish this witch lake,but i can not find and details on it,have you got an address or tel no. i would be very greatfull,... cheers

• 4 months later...