Ferox

Dan

seems strange to post it in the fly fishing section if it wasn't caught on the fly. good fish either way though

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhilB

There doesn't seem to be a suitable forum for game fishing with bait so we've had to commandeer the Fly Fishing Forum. I'm afraid you'll have to put up with us! :) It was actually caught on a trolled char deadbait. It's not really practical to fly-fish for them. By the way, Jeepster - there are ferox in Lake Bala (Lyn Tegid) in mid-Wales, not that far from you!

If they'll take lures (which, according to the Ferox85 group, they will) then you can make flies they'll take.

Fishing them on a 'traditional' fly fishing set up might be tricky, but there's no reason why a fly couldn't, or shouldn't, be fished on coarse gear with down riggers.

Must try harder...

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

• 2 weeks later...
Adz:

Not exactly cricket is it?

No its fishing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Adz:

If they'll take lures (which, according to the Ferox85 group, they will) then you can make flies they'll take.

Fishing them on a 'traditional' fly fishing set up might be tricky, but there's no reason why a fly couldn't, or shouldn't, be fished on coarse gear with down riggers.

Must try harder...

What is the point of that? I know that this is the fly fishing forum, but you fly fishermen who think that YOUR sport is the ONLY real angling and ANY other method is somehow 'inferior' really get up my neb.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote