Half price fishing tackle at Tesco

Ken L

Sat waiting for my delivery now mate! Seemed to run out of all the "good stuff" St morning had a couple of my orders bounced back as they had ran out.Poles and the "Hardware" range of rods seems to be whats left.Didnt bother with these though as I thought the TFG stuff would be better/easier to move.

Amazing prices as some of the stuff ws cheaper than I would have expected to pay on a trade wholesalers clearance sale. Must remember to keep an eye out to see if Tescos do the same next year!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I did find irritating was the way you have to increase the quantity by one each time, especially when it then bounced the order!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The eagle has landed.

Rods seem spot on, especially when you consider the price!

The little TFG reels are perfectly adequate. The Leeda reels...well, you get what you pay for for £1.44 :D

The little poles I got will suffice for catching livebaits.

Overall, nice one!

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Yes, the TFG stuff all seems pretty good; I didn't need another 3000 sized match reel but £2 each... Wish I bought more than 1 but I really don't know what I'd do with it!

I got several of the 'Hardware' Pro carp rods to give to the Father and Father-in-Law, but the thickness of the blank :o I can't imagine what the non-pro ones are like!?

The Leeda Baitrunners are well worth £1.50, but understandably not top quality. They'd benefit from a metal spool and the anti-reverse mechanism has a little backlash.

There's also an annoying bit of take-up in the clutch if the baitrunner has been engaged and subsequently given line. Always handy in an emergency, though no good for you Shimano Tackle Tarts.

It seemed more economical to add an extra rod, reel and bite alarm for £4.50 to qualify for free store delivery than pay £4.50 for home delivery!

Good spot Ken, thanks

The store delivery thing was out of the question for me. Despite having numerous stores in Ipswich, my nearest was Chelmsford!

All my gear came as well.The fishing room is now full of trade packs of rods and reels still unpacked and unchecked though as Ive still been messing around with cars.Dont really have to check the items to see if they are any good quality wise as I was familiar with all (except the Hardwear range) before ordering.Just need to check quantities/damage etc.

Only thing I "messed up" with in my mind was not ordering everything at once so despite it all arriving at once today had paid a delivery charge on four "sepperate" orders.Ah well.Definately one to watch out for again though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The TFG rods are pretty good, Budgie. I got one match rod and three 2.5lb carp rods for personal use. I reckon they'll fly at a boot sale.

I got a TFG carp rod, two sets of floats and a set of pole rigs. I had the TFG match rod on my list as well but by the time I got through to my dad and confirmed that he wanted a set of floats/rigs, the match rods had sold out - bummer !

I also threw in a couple of summer weight duvets for £4 quid a pop - you can't go wrong at that price.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.