Bloke XL50 4 piece 9' AFTM 7

*Ant*

I won this rod on a charity auction but since i'm no fly angler i've decided it must be sold. It's being offered here before it goes on ebay.

It's brand spanking new and is a stunning example of the Bloke Rods handbuilt range.

The retail price of these rods is £310 but i'm happy to accept a much less negotiated price.

Details can be found at http://www.bloke-rods.co.uk

"XL50

Our standard Range of High performance fly rods built from 52 million modulus carbon fibre.

These rods cast like a dream and are exceptionally lightweight at only 3.50 ozs. Forget the stiffness associated with lightweight rods and put the action back into your casting, The XL50's feature flor grade cork, lightweight titanium coloured reel seats with exotic vermillion hardwood spacer and cork butt extension. The ultra thin blanks are fitted with pewter coloured single-leg rings."

[ 07. June 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Anthony, could you please post details of the length, weight , material etc and a rough idea what you had in mind re price ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Anthony..details of the rod length and weight should be on the blank just above the handle. Anyone interested in the rod will need to know that.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

The heading says 9' 4piece #7.

The fixtures and fittings are ( taken from Mick Bells webpage )" XL50

Our standard Range of High performance fly rods built from 52 million modulus carbon fibre.

These rods cast like a dream and are exceptionally lightweight at only 3.50 ozs. Forget the stiffness associated with lightweight rods and put the action back into your casting, The XL50's feature flor grade cork, lightweight titanium coloured reel seats with exotic vermillion hardwood spacer and cork butt extension. The ultra thin blanks are fitted with pewter coloured single-leg rings."

I've not used a bloke rod before, but loads of folks rave about them.If it was an 8-weight I would be making an offer myself.

Martin

Ah I see. Thankyou :)

Totally lost myself with this weight thing though. :)

[ 07. June 2005, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.