Game Fish Paintings

Ian O'Toole

Hi Ian fantastic pictures, only thing I can criticize is the tails of the fish, they dont seem quite right ? apart from that they are truly wonderful....got a question for you, have you ever considered doing wildlife as in deer/stags on the hill, I know for a fact that pictures of deer from respected arstist sell like hotcakes.

hope this helps

john

Thanks for the reply John, the tails are something I'm working on. Once you take the fairly square tail of a brown trout and put it in perspective and position, it often appears more forked than it should be. Same thing goes for the fork in a salmon's tail. As the tail is curved with the water the fork becomes less and less evident. Anglers are obviously more used to seeing the fish out of water, when the tail is neutral, but underwater a straight tail, while showing the proper shape clearly, looks too rigid.

I've painted my share of landscapes, as well as a few birds for commission, but i've never tried to paint deer. not sure if there's a huge market for it here in Ireland. I enjoy the underwater stuff more.

____

Original Game Fish Paintings

http://www.ianotoole.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I'm an Irish artist who produces original paintings of game fish for commission, mainly for customers in Ireland and the UK.

If you have time, I'd appreciate any feedback or opinions you might have on my work, here's a sample:

3.jpg

There are more samples at www.ianotoole.com

Also, if anyone has any ideas where this type of painting might be popular, such as restaurants or hotels/lodges, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

Ian O'Toole

<small>[ 02. September 2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Ian O'Toole ]</small>

<_< Hi Ian for some reason I cannot open your website, is it down at the moment.