Hardy Ultralite Rods

P.H.T.

Thanks guys,they are rods and reels,Glad you agree Jim. Just sold a three set to an american friend he loved them so much after using them on the Test for a couple of days.Trouble is I think they have not been beaten by anybody so need to replace them.

• 8 months later...

Ive just decided to consider selling my ultralites, Having played on the casting pool with the new Angel TE. the serial numbers are registered to me as original owner with hardy though.

Try the new TE its an impresive bit of kit.

If you are still interested I have three very clean ultralites (im also a fan having turned down several offers to purchase them)

10ft #8

9'6 #8

9'6 #7

theyve probably had the equivelent of a seasons use (although i have a preference for the #7) A quick flash of a damp cloth and they would be as good as new (excluding the cork of course but thats still fresh)

Ive just had my tackle bag stolen so the ultralite reels and spools cant be included so im hoping the insurance company will cough up for the new Angels (bought 1 today)

I'll do you a 3 for 2 offer! They want £630 for the TE so you can have my set for £1300

You may be right who knows having never fished with an airflo in the other hand i wouldnt know.

But a few seasons ago i was the only one catching on a lake. after sharing my knowledge, Stock of flies, and giving up my spot they still never caught anything. that is until I lent my rig to a young lad with his dad who had not caught anything. I taught him to roll cast which he found very easy with my setup and at least the lad went home Happy fish in hand

Do you say the same about cars when its only £50 of rubber keeping it on the road ?

Actually I worked through a rack from left to right picking out the 9'6 #8 rods i didnt like the look of the silver thing until i picked it up. after that the colour didnt matter and it was on to the casting pool!

Its just one step from there to the cash till but there was the small problem. is it £600 better than my existing ultralights ?

But a few seasons ago i was the only one catching on a lake. after sharing my knowledge, Stock of flies, and giving up my spot they still never caught anything. that is until I lent my rig to a young lad with his dad who had not caught anything. I taught him to roll cast which he found very easy with my setup and at least the lad went home Happy fish in hand

Do you say the same about cars when its only £50 of rubber keeping it on the road ?

Fair play to you on helping the youngster out. I've done the same on the odd occasion.

As for the tyres, well, those I do know a bit about, having spent 30 odd years in the tyre trade.

There's nothing wrong with cheap new tyres, it's the idiot driving who causes the problems. There's a world of difference when you spend £630 on a carbon fishing rod and a set of tyres for around a £100 [depending on size make of car all the other variables etc] Those tyres have cost millions in research to develop and yet you can rely on them to keep you on the road. No over pricing there!!!

Anyway good luck with your Hardy I hope you get much enjoyment from it. :thumbs:

Perhaps if we [me included] didn't buy overpriced goods, we might get them at reasonable prices in the future?

Colin :thumbs:

Guest Complete Fisher

I have an Ultralite and Ultralite Plus and they are cracking rods.

Colin Brett - it won't catch you more fish per se but it is a better tool to use for fishing. In the same way that a £500 car will get you from A to B the same way as a £15,000 car will, one is a better tool than the other and more enjoyable to use :yeah:

Chris

I have an Ultralite and Ultralite Plus and they are cracking rods.

Colin Brett - it won't catch you more fish per se but it is a better tool to use for fishing.

Chris

But is it?? If these rods had no identification on them could you really tell the difference between the modern cheap rod and the Hardys and Sages?

I have been using/evaluating, shall we say a well known make of rod for the last year, it's just gone on the market for around £250. Cost price around £30. Nice rod but! :headhurt:

Colin :rolleyes: