rod licence

strider

£23.50 from a Post ofice or £23.75 on line. I would hardly call it robbery either, as you do get a years fishing for it. That works out at just 45p a week

Paul

Annoying it has an expiry date tho, only started fishin 1 month ago so spent £23 for 1 months fishing !!! gotta buy another now, well 2 as i wanna fish 3 rods!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

How many times have you had your licence checked?

For me, it's only once, (at Wyreside, Dolphinholme)when these two guys came & asked to see my licence, I was so surprised at first I wasn't sure what they were on about.

Is the policing of it such, that it almost comes down to conscience whether you buy one or not?

[ 27. March 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: rabster ]

I think the licence is still good value for money.

For those tempted to fish without one, don't! :mad:

Fish without one and you risk a substantial fine and getting your tackle conficated.

All licences are now logged onto a computer making it easier for the EA bailiff to check out your details should you see one on the bank.

I must admit to never having been asked to produce my licence, nevertheless, I still buy one every year. It's the law.

I also believe that if I have to buy one, why the hell should other people get away with not buying one. :mad:

Guest Ferret1959
C4RP3R:

£23.50 Normal person, £5.00 Children and £11.75 O.A.P's & Disabled.

:)  

"Normal person" can you define that please? :confused:

I consider myself 'normal' but I don't pay for a full licence. :)

Are you saying children,O.A.P's. and disabled are a differant class to 'normal' people? :rolleyes:

Ferret1959:

Ferret1959:

£23.50 Normal person, £5.00 Children and £11.75 O.A.P's & Disabled.

:)  

"Normal person" can you define that please? :confused:

I consider myself 'normal' but I don't pay for a full licence. :)

Are you saying children,O.A.P's. and disabled are a differant class to 'normal' people? :rolleyes:

Gotta agree with Ferret on this one C3P0, not expressed very well there fella!

Also, I'm far from normal & have been paying the full rate! :(

Townlad, I agree that the licence is good value. When I said it comes down to conscience I was referring to the fact they don't seem to get checked too often/if at all.

I think that there should be a requirement for private fishery owners to check them when selling day/season tickets for their water.