A Mild Week

Chris Plumb

I've got 4 days of purgatory ahead of me! Why? I've got Friday off to go fishing - Paul and I will be after a monster Kennet dace - and weather conditions are spot on at the moment - I'm praying it stays that way!!!!

Anyone else got plans for the last month of the season?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, you can almost (almost!) taste Spring in the air...

As a happy twist of fate, my partner has just started a 3-year distance learning MSc, and has started telling me to go fishing so I'm not disturbing her. As a doting boyfriend, it is my duty to oblige. This weekend was good fun but a bit disappointing, next weekend should be bang on, so I will either be chubbing or perch fishing, depending on how I feel. The weekend after that is the zander fish-in (please stay mild!), the one after that is completely free so I'll see what the weather is doing, and then it's the BC fish-in (can't wait for that one!) and then the final day. It's going to be busy, hopefully there's still time for a surprise or two.

Again, I haven't really done any piking so I might try to fit some in if conditions are right. It would be very, very nice to see another 5lb chub or 3lb perch before the 14th... I've had my best season ever, so if nothing else amazing happens I can hardly complain.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Im hoping to get out this week, Not back to work until thursday night so i hope the rivers round my way fine down a bit. failing that i will spend the last few weeks on a local lake piking. Its quite a shallow lake and i had a couple of nice fish this winter out of it and it doesnt get a lot if any pike pressure so its looking good for maybe something special hopefuly.

Cant wait for the spring this year its been a hard winter and a shock to a lot of peoples systems and the fish aswell. Looking forward to getting the tench gear sorted for April and May

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

well i am off today so may go down the river with some lob worms for perch going to take a look to see its condition this am then fish evening and into darkness, i have not been fishing this year yet last trip was on boxing day.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Lovely day here today very springlike in fact almost sub tropical compared to what we have endured lately.Have not been out since mid January but am looking forward to the weekend when i have an invite to fish a private stretch of the Lambourn.Other than that i have no plans for the remainder of the season although a nice perch or two would be very welcome as perch are a species i have neglected for far too long.And given the size the perch grow to in my local waters that is something i would like to remedy A.S.A.P.

well i am off today so may go down the river with some lob worms for perch going to take a look to see its condition this am then fish evening and into darkness, i have not been fishing this year yet last trip was on boxing day.

Well i had two nice perch of about a pound at dusk. fished into darkness but started to get hungry so can home as my wife's lamb stew was calling me. :D very mild with an upstream breeze but as darkness arrived it went really still. Really nice to be out on the river again.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope it does improve and the rivers get rid of some of the water in them right now. Looks like Armageddon day out there today, mind you! :o

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE