A Mild Week

Chris Plumb

Do you think its still too early for carp and tench? my canal is shallow, and last year I was catching carp to 11lb and tench to 4, so I know they're there. If there's a chance, would meaty baits work best this time of year?

I had a dabble on a local canal today and managed three jacks up to 6lb but I noticed a few fish topping, I think they where roach. I think you'd be struggling if yo targeted tench, maybe worth a pop at the carp.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zip for me today, nothing was interetsed in my halibut pellets, think I nearly had lots of bites though.

I forgot to take some week old maggots I had in the garage, there were two other people fishing the stretch and both caught Barbel....on maggots

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I managed a quick hour this afternoon on the Ribble, that turned into three. I spent the first hour in one of my favorite winter pegs but didn't get a sniff. I was going to head home but i got tempted by another spot that i don't usually fish with a float in winter as it involves a bit of deep wading, but as the river was so low.....

Turned out not to be a bad move as i caught 3 nice chub and a wee little brownie.

This was the best chub, 5lb 5oz.

post-10964-1235159024_thumb.jpg

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Out in a mates boat tomorrow on the Thames after Pike /Big Perch it just keeps calling me back think i need help,Photos and a epic account if we catch ,Deathly ghost town tumble weed silence if we don't :D Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I had a fantastic day on the Kennet today. Got my first ever 2lb+ Kennet grayling - actually broke my own river best twice as I also had a 1.15 (my previous best from the Kennet was 1.14). However what we were really after were the monster dace - and as the light faded I found them - had ½doz over 8oz with the best 4 going 15oz, 14oz, 12oz & 11oz - and as an added bonus there were some nice roach shoaling with the dace - managed 3 'pounders' upto 1lb 6oz....

Will put up some piccies - when Paul sends them to me!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I managed a quick hour this afternoon on the Ribble, that turned into three. I spent the first hour in one of my favorite winter pegs but didn't get a sniff. I was going to head home but i got tempted by another spot that i don't usually fish with a float in winter as it involves a bit of deep wading, but as the river was so low.....

Turned out not to be a bad move as i caught 3 nice chub and a wee little brownie.

This was the best chub, 5lb 5oz.

post-10964-1235159024_thumb.jpg

Nice one Brian, like the pic :thumbs:

Well done Chris on your new PB, sounds like you had a corkin session!

Edited by tigger

Well done Chris on your new PB, sounds like you had a corkin session!

Not a PB as such - my best 'Lady' is a clonker of 2lb 15oz from the Itchen - but I have been trying for years to get a 2 from the Kennet - really chuffed to have done it at last!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Not a PB as such - my best 'Lady' is a clonker of 2lb 15oz from the Itchen - but I have been trying for years to get a 2 from the Kennet - really chuffed to have done it at last!

C.

That sounds like one of those all-too-rare sessions when you think, aha, so you have been here all this time...!

Huge grayling, dace and roach all in the same day, fantastic stuff. I'm especially jealous of the dace!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

C.

Well done on a great days fishin anyway Chris, it seems there's several An members have had a good day today !

Edited by tigger