Freezing a groundbait mix ?

g4fne

Due to having little warning that a trip is on the cards (same day sometimes) looking to pre-prepare & freeze groundbait balls at my leisure so ready to "grab & go" when i get the chance to get to the bank.

I'm looking at making up a large batch of a groundbait mix, roll into catapult size balls & freeze for use throughout the season.

Possibly based on Vitalin as understand this offers the binding & weight i would need to get the bait out, with brown crumb, hemp, chopped boilies & maize as the other ingredients.

I'm open to suggestions for alternative binding ingredients if anyone knows a better one

Interested to hear if anyone has tried & failed with this, or who has found it successful ??

Edited by g4fne

Yes it work no problem but add a few pieces of gravel to each ball or your groundbait balls will simply float away and feed a swim somewhere else....and yes, I have watched my groundbait doing the pink iceberg impression. Useless......lol........ ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Yes it work no problem but add a few pieces of gravel to each ball or your groundbait balls will simply float away and feed a swim somewhere else....and yes, I have watched my groundbait doing the pink iceberg impression. Useless......lol........ ;)

Yes ... floating groundbait wouldn't be ideal :D :D

I'm also after any suggestions that make rolling up multiple balls of groundbait easier (i'm thinking 100's of em' for the season)