were are all being taken for mugs

If you really want bargains then check out somewhere like veals (online). They are a mail order sea fishing tackle shop and will save you a fortune on things like swivels. You obviously need to ensure you get the right ones but pretty much all the 'carp' ones are available.

Rob.

P.S. I usually buy my bigger leads from the coastal sea fishing shops, again about 1/3 of the price.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RobStubbs:

P.S. I usually buy my bigger leads from the coastal sea fishing shops, again about 1/3 of the price.

Very true Rob, see my post on the Sea Fishing Forum.

I brought a bargain the other day.

Its a bite indicator called The Incher fantastic design & worth every penny :rolleyes:

I'd love to meet the guy who invented that.

Its not only the prices that anglers get ripped off with some of them come up with really useful inventions that also get ripped off.

Oh & for feed stuff i normally visit my local pet food supplier, for tackle its places like WMAC click here for their site

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

i agree with the last post... WMAC offer great value when you know what your after...as is the case with most mail orders !!

Being new generally to fishing and carp fishing after a while you get a feel for better products and value.

The Angler's Net has helped me to come to conclusions over products !!

Its good to read advice from people who have tried and tested different products !!

As for bite alarms i am using 2 optonics that are 3rd hand and have been repaired & serviced..when i have a fish they still let me know !!

Besides what wrong with observing your bobbins if your starting out...they wil tell you whats happening out there in rig land ! :D

John "The Block" Westley

Krakemarsh,

I fail to see how you think anglers are being ripped off by manufacturers charging astronomical prices for tackle and accessories. If they were the only manufacturer then I would agree, however there are numerous manufacturers and suppliers providing fantastic tackle etc. for people like me who operate on a minimal budget.

Personally I think anyone who buys a spod rod for £100 is stark raving bonkers, given that I can buy a beach casting kit, including rod, reel and line for £25. Similarly £350 for a bivvy; are they joking? :confused:

The reality of the matter is that these companies will continue to charge these prices as long as there is a market, this is supply and demand in practice. The problem, however is that some of the people using this gear are fast becoming class conscious in relation to their choosen sport, i.e. those of us who choose to fish with cheaper gear are looked upon as second class (there was a previous thread where an angler was made to feel uncomfortable merely because he was fishing with the "wrong" tackle). :mad:

It seems to me that some anglers have forgotten that the most important tackle is the cheapest, i.e. the line and end tackle, it really doesn't matter if you use a stick or a £300 rod to tempt the fish.

I should point out that this is not a vilification of those who choose to fish with expensive tackle, just those who think they have a divine right to catch a fish because they do so.

There are plenty of bargains around for all types of angling; check out tackle from Shakespeare and Okuma for example. For those on a really tight budget then Askari's internet site offers incredible bargains. :D

tommy

you get me wrong mate what i am saying is we are being brain washed into THINKING WE NEED TO USE THE BEST TO CATCH MATE which is total crap as well you know thank god

wot really leaves a nasty taste is a person starting feel the need to buy the dearest tackle leading to them missing the point of it all

read the mags and be bonbarded with some super star pushing the lastest £15 a kilo super bait complete and utter tosh i feel sorry for the kids as fishing is so good to enjoy

sorry if you got wrong end of stick

regards stokie man up the potters for sunday

• 2 weeks later...