This time of year...

tbonejones

H guys. not been on here for a while hehe. Just wondering if you have any advice of what bait to use this time of year in a small pond with lilly pads as the only feature. I'll be using three rods and staying for five days. Any ideas?

Cheers

hi tbonesjones

whats the name of the fishery your going to

and how big do the carp go to in there.

I think you should hair rig two grains of maize or corn and this is a good all year round bait for me or definatly if the fish are big there then i would use 18 mm halibut pellets over a bag of smaller halibut pellets.

j.green

Hi Ethan, lomg time no hear?

Certainly as j. green says, corn is a must, even popped up plastic on one rod. I would then think about locating the fish mate, watching all the time, watercraft is generally better than bait choice, Watercraft will make you stand out from the rest if you have the time and patience, and use your own instincts, that will make you stand out out from the rest, in your own mind if you do it your own way and catch, maybe we will see you on a front page bud , good luck...

Can only echo the two previous posts; take different types of bait to give you a chance of scoring no matter what mood they are in. Along with boilies and naturals I’d also take some mixers and bread crust for fishing off the top and I don’t go anywhere without a tub of worms for stalking, and maybe some tigernuts if they are allowed?

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!