The Source

cidermonkey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you two (Common 40 and Jeepster) make your own baits then? Have either of you ever used the Source? I fished my local lake with a bait recommended by the regulars and blanked on three occasions. I switched baits to the Source and on the next session had two tench followed by a pb 12lb 8oz common. The following weekend I again started with two tench but then beat my pb with a 14lb 10oz common. An hour later I beat it again with a 15lb 10oz mirror. That's MY reason for using this bait! I did wonder, when the guys at the lake said it was "..a pile of pony.." whether they were saying that just because of the Terry Hearn connection. Some people just like to rubbish and riddicule the successful - know what I mean?

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Hi cidermonkey, Yes I have used the source and like I said its a cracking bait all year round, if you locate the fish..if you have been catching well on this bait don't change it, regardless of what others tell you on a new water..your confidence in the bait will prevail, then others will be asking you

[ 17. August 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

Whilst marketing does, obviously, exist in the angling bait world, there is a massive difference between well prepared quality baits and nasty ones.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I use it loads on my local water and it hardly ever lets me down. Had fish up to 21lb on it i believe. It's not only the source though, i think the dynamite range is excellent for variety and reliability. Top bait!!!

Ethan :)

Cheers Common, I'll stick with it. I get a lot of people at my lake telling me I'm doing this wrong or that wrong and most of them contradict each other. They know I'm new to carping (although I've been an angler for about thirty years!) and I'm sure some of them genuinely want to help. I try to be polite but sometimes I do feel like telling them to "go forth and multiply"! I had one guy tell me to reel in and he would tie me a "proper" rig. I declined politely and then he dropped this corker on me: "See that post in the margin, if you put a bait 2'6" to the left of it - not 2' or 3'- it has to be 2'6" popped up four inches off the bottom I guarantee you'll get a big un at exactly 3 o'clock in the morning" Priceless!!

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....