Cut a space in the weed ?

craynerd

You guys are probably right. Look what happened when I got too vigorous with a rake.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

carping_mad:

...it destroys other creatures habitats and also natural feeding grounds,.....

Dont think it did the creatures much good when they spent the 6k on weed killer to kill the lot off, like i said, its dead roots mostly. Granted still a hamoe for something, but its pretty damn dead.

carping_mad:

....is chuck in a few kilos of hemp and maize, and within a few weeks of doing this continuously you will.........

you will be ...??? in debt!!!!! Yea, like to see how u carping mad, as a student could afford kg of hemp and maize to be throwing in for weeks! I buy enough for fishing with and that lightens my pocket well enough!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

quote:

Yea, like to see how u carping mad, as a student could afford kg of hemp and maize to be throwing in for weeks! I buy enough for fishing with and that lightens my pocket well enough!

Quite easily mate, i have said before using particles is a very cheap and very effective way of fishing, and creating new or adding to extra feeding grounds.

Each year i buy a sack of around 20-30kg of hemp and 10-15kg of maize, totaling to £21.78

Hemp 20k=£17.50

Maize 10k=£4.28

Then on top of that i get 1k of tiger nuts (which are the most expencive of the lot) at £4.87

Then if i dont go and see them its free postage for that lot. or anything under 25k= £4.95 P+P

Total brilliant combination, used and proved catching methods for years and years, exactly the same as using maggots, extramly effective, altho everyone is on boilie, so they hardly get use anymore. Tons of attractive food signals and tons of tiny food particles that keep the carp glued into the area, for very long periods of time, can be used in small quantities, or large quantities or little and often basis :)

Hope that help mate.

Full Price List

Plus as you know i make my own baits as it is so that knocks the usualy £90+ for 10k of boilies down to £50 for 15+ k of boilies, as well as buying pellets which adds up to a total of £18.20 for 20k of 6mm pellets.

I buy all my stuff in bulk at the beggining of the year, and see how i go with that lot. and it works out a lot cheaper buying in bulk as well as having enough to the extent that i do not run out! :)

quote:

Dont think it did the creatures much good when they spent the 6k on weed killer to kill the lot off, like i said, its dead roots mostly. Granted still a hamoe for something, but its pretty damn dead.

Plus if it was weed killer, then it would have killed the fish off 2 :P

So it shouldnt have harmed any of the animals in it just the weed. and why not fish on top of the dead weeds? pleanty of ways of presenting bait on top of th debis....i.e. pop-up baits, engulfing your hook and hookbait in a pva bag of groundbait etc..etc... :) loads and loads of alternatives, just my views again tho mate :)

quote:

Absolutely in agreement period

Glad i am not speaking total giberish :P hee hee :)

[ 23. April 2005, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: carping_mad ]

Newt:

You guys are probably right. Look what happened when I got too vigorous with a rake.

I've just been checking out your pictures of your drained lake Newt & have to say that is one helluva big piece of water!

quote:

"It's about 5600 acres at full pool."

*****I think the biggest I've fished is Anglezarke Reservoir, which is

quote:

"190 acres, over 2 miles long.... and a 5 mile walk around!"

I always thought Anglezarke was massive, but 5600 acres!! Where do you even start???

***** A quick edit, I've just remembered, I've also fished Windermere & Coniston, so maybe they are as big (at 10.5 & 5 miles long respectively) as Newts water?? But I hasten to say I didn't catch anything, so as I said above, just where do you start? Not sat on the bank like I was I'd wager.

[ 24. April 2005, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: rabster ]

A boat and good electronics certainly helps. However, except for the scale, the process is very similar to the way you do it.

Get a good map and if available, GPS detailed charts of the lake.

Scout around looking for signs of fish / fish movement. Depending on the species, the only signs (if they are deep water fish) may be on the sonar.

Get details of the place you intend to fish - bottom features, depths, and such. Put out bait if appropriate (yes for carp, no for bass, etc.).

Eventually get a pretty good 'feel' for the lake and for what you might catch in which places based on the season and weather. Takes about 2 years of regular fishing on a lake this size.

Always you will have a feeling that there are some 'big fish' locations you haven't found.

Here is the lake in question with an arrow showing where all the pics in that link were made.

an-badin1.jpg

[ 24. April 2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President