Bivvy, advice please

Sitting in the middle of a thunder storm in the early hours of this morning I got to thinking about a new bivvy. I`ve been using the Chub Reflex happily for ages now and can only fault it on one thing, when it rains I lose 18 inches of the interior of the bivvy as the rain drips off the door. Now, unless the rain is straight in I won`t ever close the door so I need a bivvy with a more upright front profile so the rain stays where it should be, outside. I`ve decided on a Nash, either Groundhog or Viper and am wondering if anyone uses either and what the pros and cons are with them.

The Groundhog is a brolly style and as such will appear to suffer the same problem as any brolly style shelter, the indoor rain whereas the Viper does seem to have a straight front.

Enough of my waffling, your turn now!!!!!

wolf.gif

Severn

Sorry about this but forget Nash and look more at the fox stalker bivvy. For £90 u get all the tech of the evo but cheeper :) I've had the original evo for about 7 years now and all i can say is top class

Hope this helped :D

[ 01. May 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: dazler ]

I`m not a big fan of Fox stuff. Not that I think its bad quality or anything its just that for me they are just way too expensive just because of the name.

Bit of a tart if the truth is known, I do like the look of the Realtree Nash stuff,

wolf.gif

If you can stretch to it mate, then i would defino go for the Titan Viper!!! every time, if you can find an old pre 98 one, and then repear it then even better, you will get the condensation as it is only single skinned, but they are my absolute fav!!! solid as dry $h1t! lol. and just absolutly brilliant! or if you want to pay that little extra for a very solid bivvy, go for the pioneer! :)

HTH

I have been looking for a new bivvy as well! I used to have one of the old Fox Euro Dome which simialar to the Fox Carp Plus. The other day to my horror I found the zip on the storage bag is busted and can't be repaired. Anyway been looking at some bivvys in the local tackle shop and I am quite keen on this one

prologic-bivvy.jpg

ProLogic Bivvy *SV2548*

The Prologic brand is probably the fastest growing brand in the UK thanks to its incredible quality, performance and value for money. This bivvy is no exception and will provide anglers and all their kit the ultimate in comfort.

Features:

Designed for extended use in bad weather conditions, Twin skinned to eliminate condensation, Built in groundsheet, Superb quality, 100% breathable & waterproof,

Fold back porch, Built in mosi net, 2 Man Bivvy at £99.99

What do you think of this?

[ 02. May 2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

:( I was about to tout my bivvy as well Severn Wolf as I also have a Chub Reflex system :D

I'm going for a lighter brolly system that doesn't have all the bits the Chub system has as I just don't do enough nights to warrant all the extra bits it has, i'm thinking of the Fishrite Brolly or the Fox Stalker.

James