how do i fish a new venue

Hi Frankie

All the bait advice is good, they will all work in different situations but you do need to establish if the fish have been fished for before or grown up in the lake without being fished for - each senario will need a different approach. Hemp will work above everything else to get the fish in front of you....... how you get them to pick up the hook is down to you

Plumbing - said it before - get a copy of Rod Hutchinsons " Carp - Now and Then " one of the best books written on the approach to topography of lakes and behaviour of fish.

Good Luck

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been fishing long, student boy? Or are you an instant carper - bought all the kit from the thousands you must be making from playing in your band? Now your an expert?

Sometimes you need to read between the lines!

i aint squabbling with anyone...boy am i still learning. Most of you who i talk to on msn each day, tell me something new each day!!!

Its just annoying me how u keep punching me with comments. I think ur interpreting what i said wrong. What i was trying to say is: Your message is in reply to the topic and you are talking as tho everyone is chatting about baits because they think its most important thing. I was just explaining that i dont think thats the case, like myself, i wrote about baits because the question asks about baits in the actual topic writing.

Let me clarify - you are obviously correct talkin about markering, and your comments were very useful. You said """ Does'nt anyone bother with finding the fish anymore then? Is it just a case of finding a wonder bait and lobbing it in?

"" well yes everyone else does bother finding fish and itsd not all about wonder baits....everyone is talkin about baits cuz thats in the origonal question. I was innocently defending everyone....if I would have said it face to face you wouldnt have thought anything of it!!!!! Not trying to argue.

And i dont enjoy sarcasm and spiteful remarks...no i aint a wonder carper, i`m a nooby, trying to learn!!!!!

Regards

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Thankyou everyone for all your help

i dont want to cause no arguements, i just want to pick all your brains

ive only been fishing about a year so i need all the help i can get

maybe i should take a few different types of baits , naturals and boilies and of course try and find the fish first.

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

lol , nice on mad frankie.....and good luck.

If i was u i`d just chuck in a wonder bait and hope!!!! Thats what i`ve learnt

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

who taught you that chris? :confused:

Rudds advice is spot on to all newbies and experienced anglers alike.. Watercraft allthough been said many many times, is the best lesson to be learned. I dont think theres such a thing as a wonder bait, however certain baits give an edge on certain venues. Presenting a poor bait in the right place is better 10 fold than chucking out a so called wonder bait willy nilly IMO trying to teach watercraft to an unexperienced angler is like trying to teach a toddler the abc's, it's not something that can be learned overnight. Everyones feelings or interpretation as to where fish may be feeding has differences, some are better than others at spotting fish or have more awareness to likely spots even on new venues, this ART of watercraft comes with practice and perseverence only....Terry Hearn as an example, to me, has the best watercraft knowledge and experience I have ever had the pleasure to witness, which gives him a massive edge over certain others, is it a gift? who knows, but you can be rest assured that he approaches waters with nothing like lobbing a wonder bait in the middle and sitting on his hands. so in my summary observation is far finer and achieves more than spending a cart load of hard earned cash on so called magic baits....(only MO)

[ 19. May 2005, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

can anyone tell me if cod liver oil is any good when applied to hallibut pellet for an extra edge,

if not what other oils or glugs are good to use with pellet.

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

mad frankie frazer:

can anyone tell me if cod liver oil is any good when applied to hallibut pellet for an extra edge,

if not what other oils or glugs are good to use with pellet.

I use Van den eye lquid pellet a fair bit.

Just lately I have been putting on a few drips of Archie braddocks Mulberry+.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!