Match Lake Carp

Elton

Got to get my thinking hat on, having seen a couple of nice carp 'bosh' this morning....

Lake is probably a 70/80's gravel pit.

It is now a match lake.

Swims are very close together.

No night fishing, no loose-feeding boilies.

I reckon I have 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening to avoid the match guys.

Big tench (saw some big ones roll this morning) and lots of match-size bream.

2 rods only....but I will be putting a pike rod out soon!

I'd appreciate some input, but I reckon I need to prebait some areas away from the margins for a while (I've never seen a carp or big tench close in and assume this is due to daily pressure).

I know a lot of sweetcorn goes in close, but was wondering if particles out beyond pole reach may be the key?

Any input appreciated!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Got to get my thinking hat on, having seen a couple of nice carp 'bosh' this morning....

Lake is probably a 70/80's gravel pit.

It is now a match lake.

Swims are very close together.

No night fishing, no loose-feeding boilies.

I reckon I have 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening to avoid the match guys.

Big tench (saw some big ones roll this morning) and lots of match-size bream.

2 rods only....but I will be putting a pike rod out soon!

I'd appreciate some input, but I reckon I need to prebait some areas away from the margins for a while (I've never seen a carp or big tench close in and assume this is due to daily pressure).

I know a lot of sweetcorn goes in close, but was wondering if particles out beyond pole reach may be the key?

Any input appreciated!

Whats the venue Elton?

Most match carp lakes respond well to a pva bag and big halibut pellet approach to a feature.

Or use some paste / boilie paste wrap which sorts out the bigger fish.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

Most match carp lakes respond well to a pva bag and big halibut pellet approach to a feature.

Or use some paste / boilie paste wrap which sorts out the bigger fish.

If fished in the right place yes, and I assume thats your question Elton? fish off the baited area mate on the fringe if your accurate enough and be patient, you say you have 2 hours , well I would hope to get my bait where I wanted it, first cast and I definately would leave it there and not recast. A good tip from common 40 fish on the fringe

[ 24. September 2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

Evening in the margins where the match anglers fish most often, preferably the less competent ones that dont hook so many fish but still pre bait for you :D:D:D

If there are fish present they probably wont show but they'll be there under your feet if there's food to be had and they haven't been spooked out of the margin ?

Sounds like paste baits would work well - find the clear bottom where the match guys fish (check out the pole fishing line ????) but I would put one only 3 feet out where the match guys chuck their bait when they pack up.

Rudd,

You'll know the place - it's where I caught the tench.

Cheers for the input so far, guys.

Can't get down there this weekend, but hope to do some mornings and, possibly, evenings next week.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE