Bass Fishing with plugs off the shore

MikeT

Thanks, Jon. I'd really appreciate that! I shall get in touch with you in May, when the Bass have arrived!

I just popped in to check for replies to this, and to say that I did get hold of the recommended 'Hooked on Bass' book, by Alan Vaughan and Mike Ladle. It's very good indeed, and answers all the questions I had. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now all I have to do is find those places it mysteriously alludes to!

All the best,

Mike.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike

Have a look at Doc Ladle's follow on book "Operation Sea Angler". You can read it online here http://www.docladle.fishermen.co.uk/osa.html

I have tracked down most of the marks mentioned but haven't fished any yet. I'm ready to fish whenever you are and am busy making some new lures for the new season.

Jon

Sea fishing is like golf, you don't have to eat the ball to have fun.

www.portlandbill.co.uk/fishing - Portland's Best Fishing Site

Thanks, Jon. I'd really appreciate that! I shall get in touch with you in May, when the Bass have arrived!

I just popped in to check for replies to this, and to say that I did get hold of the recommended 'Hooked on Bass' book, by Alan Vaughan and Mike Ladle. It's very good indeed, and answers all the questions I had. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now all I have to do is find those places it mysteriously alludes to!

All the best,

Mike.

http://www.mikeladle.com/osa.html

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest Brumagem Phil

Is it nearly time yet? Just itching to get my shorts on and wade the norfolk estuaries after my quarry! After tasting Bass for the first time last year, i'm well and truly hooked!

There's quite a few bass down here now, well for me anyway...

Had a 6-0-0 on the plug last Thursday, 3 schoolies to about 2lb Saturday and one of 3-12 on Monday.

All fishing with the shallow divers in full darkness.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Try using a 70mm redgill about two feet up ....

Took the worms outa meee mouth.

Small white or natural redgill on a 4' 'pollack redgill rig' (scaled down).

Scuttle it across an estuary bar or channel. Slow retrieve across the bottom.

I don't keep 'em (smallish bass) anyway, but I'm not sure how legal artificial sandeels (redgills) are in Bass Nursery Areas (beach or boat?)?

<_<

Guest Brumagem Phil
There's quite a few bass down here now, well for me anyway...

Had a 6-0-0 on the plug last Thursday, 3 schoolies to about 2lb Saturday and one of 3-12 on Monday.

All fishing with the shallow divers in full darkness.

Hmmm, think I might need to chuck a lure out when i'm back there next week. Thanks.......and great fishing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brumagem Phil

Popped out two evenings this week as the evening tide coincided with dusk quite well. No joy, but will keep popping out from time to time till the Bass show. Water was bloody freezing!