The 81st Academy Awards

Ken L

I've just been looking through the list of nominations for this years Oscars.

What astonishes me is the shear number of films on the list that I have absolutely no inclination to go and see.

I could understand that if we were talking about some small film festival where the arthouse crowd get together for an anual love-in, but this is Hollywood, suposedly a place where popularity and the ability to make money actually mean something.

Has Hollywood lost the plot ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've just been looking through the list of nominations for this years Oscars.

What astonishes me is the shear number of films on the list that I have absolutely no inclination to go and see.

I could understand that if we were talking about some small film festival where the arthouse crowd get together for an anual love-in, but this is Hollywood, suposedly a place where popularity and the ability to make money actually mean something.

I understand your point of view.

Being so averse to the cult of celebrity makes watching a film really tedious because I find I'm listening, against my will, to a load of pointless uninteresting gossip about the cast rather than being allowed to just watch the film. Grrrrrrrrr!

As for the Oscars, I really must thank my personal trainer, my body double, my nail manicurist without whom I could never have done it..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

You mean like this ?

Youtube Video ->

I couldn't even bring myself to watch it all the way through.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Luckily, embedding was disabled, so we didn't have to :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

All you have to do is double click on the video and it'll open in a new window - go on, you know you want to

Think of it as a vaccination. Just a small dose now could save you from hours of misery if your misses decides she wants to watch the awards tonight - and this way, you have time to plan a less unpleasant way to spend a few hours this evening - like trapaning your own skull or DIY dentistry for instance.

They've been catering to the juvenile humor crowd for some time now with a lot of underwhelming releases, although they still make an occasional gem, such as Defiance. Essentially the Oscars are just a lot of backslapping, which likely why George C Scott refused to receive his award for his Patton performance.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Well it's sarted and I'm off to bed.

No doubt at some point in the night someone will proclaim that an Irish man making a film in India with American money is a great victory for British cimema.

I don't get these whole award things, anyway. Why on earth are they lead items on 'news' programmes? They're just people doing very well paid jobs.

Wordbender's team at Archant Publishing was recently named Team Of The Year. I never saw it in the news and he didn't blub once when he told me about it :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE