Oh Crap...Robson's back

Andy Macfarlane

I enjoyed the first series, so I am probably damned anyway :) Last night was good stuff, but.........................I picked up two comments from a couple of hardened carpers.....why did he have to swear so much? Both guys said the same thing..."my missus didn't like the swearing"

I appreciate he is trying to introduce the macho/competitive element, but no need to spoil it Robson.

Den

I too was a bit surprised at the language Den. But some of it that was in context, (like losing the big sturgeon, or losing the bet and wading naked into the freezing river), was typical language of most 'normal' blokes in that situation, and funny.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I made the point about "the hardened carpers" Goz. We all get upset when a fish comes off :)

I just thought that there was no need to stick his face in the lens and shout "****s"................not if he is aiming for a wider audience.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Well I watched last nights programme and ........I was pleasantly surprised.

It was filmed in British Columbia and covered fishing for sturgeon, coho, and trotting for steelheads.

Then it went for a trip on a commercial fishing boat, in a hurricane.

Not a bow and arrow or rifle in sight!

Despite his annoying "yahooing", I enjoyed the programme. It had some proper angling, fishing, and some genuinely funny moments.

If the rest are of a similar standard, then it would appear that lessons have been learned.

John.

Yup agreed with that, more to come no doubt, thought he done really well as an angler, landing that sturgeon, not a lot of people have achieved that, jealous.

That bit with him eating caviar was extreamly funny and i bet it did a bit for the fishes preservation.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Not sure why you've named three established television presenters to illustrate the point that any one can present a TV show?

To be fair Chris and Bob weren't established TV presenters in the early 90s and Cribbins was just the narrator.

Personally I think RG is a prat (that's being polite) so I'm not a fan of the show.

To me extreme fishing is catching a 3lb river roach. :D

Jeremy Wade's Jungle Hooks (Amazon and India) was great as it involved a quality (and intelligent) angler.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

To be fair Chris and Bob weren't established TV presenters in the early 90s and Cribbins was just the narrator.

Personally I think RG is a prat (that's being polite) so I'm not a fan of the show.

To me extreme fishing is catching a 3lb river roach. :D

Jeremy Wade's Jungle Hooks (Amazon and India) was great as it involved a quality (and intelligent) angler.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

I agree I thought he went on like a total idiot and Im not a fan. The Sturgeon that got away was his own fault, the way he was pulling I expected just its head to come back. I kept saying when it was on hes gonna lose it the way hes pulling and then the obvious happened and Im a beginner. Also when he was sick on the boat near the end, he was leaning over the side and turned and was sick on the boat. To me that was so they could catch it on camera and Id rather not see someone who swears every second word chucking up when I wanted to watch fishing. Nothing was said about any kind of methods and the fish seemed like a side note. Totally pointless programme to me.

I agree I thought he went on like a total idiot and Im not a fan. The Sturgeon that got away was his own fault, the way he was pulling I expected just its head to come back. I kept saying when it was on hes gonna lose it the way hes pulling and then the obvious happened and Im a beginner. Also when he was sick on the boat near the end, he was leaning over the side and turned and was sick on the boat. To me that was so they could catch it on camera and Id rather not see someone who swears every second word chucking up when I wanted to watch fishing. Nothing was said about any kind of methods and the fish seemed like a side note. Totally pointless programme to me.

Do you know why it snapped off the clue was when he kept his thumb on the spool, instead of letting the drag do the business. Seen guys spew up in the boat before even after being shown the gunnel and what way the winds blowing. :) Seen lots of guys swearing on the boats before loosing a fish or not, so thats life. didn't take a few mili seconds to work out that he was using a small slider with a five foot 90lb trace app, with what looked like an 8/0 hook with something like a pound in weight. Pretty powerfull through action boat rod about eight foot long, so i would feel happy putting as much pressure on as possible, as said his only fault was putting his thumb on the spool.

I was only watching it for the entertainment value as well. Great stuff. Any other question about method you require, i will try and remiminice for you. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Most people will never get the chance

Not a hint of a twinge of jealousy creaping in here? snigger.